Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2007, 08:20 AM

11 posts, read 60,584 times

Advertisements

We are looking to move with school age children...which is better...Williamstown or Sewell?
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2007, 09:25 AM

18 posts, read 73,839 times
Default Depends

Are you comparing the "real" Sewell which is in Mantua or are you talking about Washington Township? The Williamstown School district is Ok. The one middle school just failed the No Children Left Behind Test. Taxes are increasing at a huge rate. I have a friend that bought a new home two years ago and needs to get out after her taxes went up 2500 in two years.
Wash Twp school district is more established and I would say is better from personal experience. Wash Twp high school is very large though and some say it is easy for an average student to get lost.

If you are comparing Sewell...or Mantua schools...I would still say you are better off there. Clearview is much better than Williamstown High.

Check greatschools.com...compare the data.
Good luck!

Old 08-19-2007, 10:42 AM

11 posts, read 60,584 times
Thank you.....Sewell in Washington Township. I appreciate your info about the Middle School in Williamstown...I did not know that. Thanks!!!

Old 08-19-2007, 01:02 PM

11 posts, read 58,913 times
i grew up in sewell, washington twp. the schools are really good at least when i was in school (20 years ago). the downside of it is that the population has soared! when i graduated 20 years ago, i graduated in a class of 600, i know it has to be well over that by now.

other than that, i think it's a pretty decent place to live. my family still lives there today.

Old 08-19-2007, 06:07 PM

18 posts, read 73,839 times
Default Wash Twp -Sewell

I currently live in Wash Twp. If you have any other questions feel free to send me a private email too. We currently have our home on the market in Wash Twp...just need more room. I also grew up nearby so I know the South Jersey area very well.....and the specific neighborhoods/developments. Good luck with your decision.

Old 08-20-2007, 10:34 AM

79 posts, read 497,186 times
I live in Washington twp and have two kids.....We were thinking about moving to Williamstown, b/c the houses are a bit cheaper than here, but the taxes are pretty high......while doing my research on homes in Williamstown, I also did a search on the scools, especially the middle schools and honestly I didn't read anything "bad" about the middle school. The middle school was just built and its part of the high school. I know people that live in Williamstown and their kids go the middle school and never heard any bad thing about the school.

Washington twp schools are very congested.....the academics part of the schools are great, but there are soo many kids.

Hope this worked-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia