Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 02:02 PM

1 posts, read 5,990 times

Advertisements

I was in b36 at ft dix. Started Basic in Nov 87 and finished AIT in 88 I am looking for anyone that either remembers me or Drill Sgt Jenkins OR Pvt Karen L Link. I too suffered at the hands of drill sgt's and to this day still suffer from ptsd/mst. There was a court martial I believe in 88-89 Cant remember as I suffer from long term/short term memory loss. My name is Marshall VanDeusen and my career ended from a medical discharge in 97 due to the extreme physical and pyscological problems that I endured thru the years primarily during basic training. If any of these names sound familiar OR you have a picture of drill sft Jenkins AKA First sgt Jenkins PLEASE send me a email minister_vandeusen@yahoo.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2015, 10:07 AM

1 posts, read 5,898 times
I was stationed at Fort Dix in 1988. I saw idiots fighting Drill sgts. I remember an M-16 missing and the post being locked down. Don't think they ever recovered it. Was on Administrative bivouac and had a soldier with m16 shouldered getting screamed at by Captain Armand Cioppa. He backed up and my 2 front teeth were chipped w/ soldiers flash suppressor. I never made a formal report as I didn't want a Army dentist working on my teeth. To this day, I have spent thousands on these teeth and the government doesn't help. I guess when you're young, you don't think of what future costs. Thinking back now, I should've filed that report. The only positive part of basic training was seeing Midnight Oil perform on base. Oh yeah, it really sucked when my socks and other clothes were stolen from the laundry. I also remember a soldier being embarrassed and given Article15 for attempting to send a round via US mail. It was certainly a life lesson at the very least. Was part of the Albany, NY recruits. Anyone from the Albany, NY area or familiar with my stories, feel free to write me fastfreddie30@yahoo.com. Fred. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention a good story. One night a few guys in my barracks spoke to some females in barracks across the road from ours. They agreed to flash each other at a specified time after lights out. Caught in the act. Punishment was for all soldiers to sleep in hallway. No pillows, concrete floors..One thing is for sure. You must rely on getting lucky enough not to get stuck w/ a moron or more in your platoon. Or better yet not to be housed with people facing jail settling for the military??

Old 02-11-2015, 07:01 PM

2 posts, read 11,606 times
I was there in 89 also. D 4/26. Would love to talk to other people who were there then.

Gen, if you want my recollections please email me.
ablars2192@gmail.com

Last edited by ablars21; 02-11-2015 at 07:31 PM..

Old 02-11-2015, 07:30 PM

2 posts, read 11,606 times
Hi all,
I was there in 89 also. D 4/26. I remember Gen. If you'd like my recollections please email me. ablars2192@gmail.com

Old 03-22-2015, 06:48 AM

2 posts, read 6,806 times
Default drill sgt spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmret View Post
looking for anyone that had sfc spencer as their drill sgt around 1986-1988 at ft. dix.
I had sfc spencer as a drill sgt in 1976 at Ft. Dix.
Gerald

Old 04-21-2015, 10:45 PM

1 posts, read 5,573 times
Default fort dix nj 1988-89

[quote=zdurden;37328496]I served at Fort Dix,New Jersey 1989, and it was pure HELL how I was treated.

My names Matthew Lyman . I went to fort six for basic training and AIT . I can say with absolute %100 fact the drill sergeants were professional and never crossed any lines . At any time a private had an free right to go home . they would gladly let you got home . Anyone here in this forum complaining doesn't understand how a soldier is made .( drill sergeant wheeler was an honor to learn from about being a soldier) COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF BARACK OBAMA . -HONOR CHAIN OF COMMAND

Old 04-24-2015, 12:10 AM

1 posts, read 5,541 times
I completed basic training at Fort Dix, NJ in Aug. 89. I was in Bravo 326 next to the reception station. My drill was Sgt. Grant and "Goolay". Basic in the 80's and prior were HELL! Nezbooty@gmail.com Marcus Nesbit

Old 06-22-2015, 09:14 AM

2 posts, read 10,819 times
I am looking for anyone who was in basic training at Ft. Dix NJ in July-Sept 1978. Several drill sergeants were accused and subsequently found guilty of trainee abuse. I have not been able to find information on the outcome. I testified at the train via telephone from Ft. Benning as my name was given to the prosecutor as a witness. As I was in AIT, I never heard the outcome other than they were found guilty.

Old 06-22-2015, 09:19 AM

2 posts, read 10,819 times
Default Trainee abuse

I was stationed at Ft. Dix from July to Sept 1978. Several drill sergeants from my basic training company were accused and subsequently convicted of trainee abuse. I was named as a witness by someone and testified in the trial via telephone as I was stationed at ft. Benning during the trial. I never heard the final outcome. Does anyone remember this?

Old 08-12-2015, 11:18 PM

1 posts, read 5,269 times
[email]cordwinters@gmail.com[/email] GPG is appreciated
Ft Dix 1989-Summer
chemical exposure
physical, emotional, psychological abuse
sexual assault and sexual abuse male/female trainee's both
objectification
Black and white photographs taken for the "graduates Year Books" printed Mercaline, MO by Walsworth Printing Company
Live Trainings Gone terribly wrong/soldier injuries
vaccinations-are you still scarred I am and it bleeds
Ft Dix IS also a SUPERFUND site [url=http://www.salem-news.com/articles/november012010/veteran-exposure-ro.php]Veterans Kept in the Dark Over Chemical Exposure - Salem-News.Com[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia