Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 10:42 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,687,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrysong18 View Post
How do you feel about Turnersville or Franklinville?
Turnersville is a part of Washington Twp. Basically, the area is pretty much dominated by strip malls/stores along the main corridor and then tract housing developments around that. It's a nice area, but you aren't going to find many houses with land. The schools are good and there are a lot of amenities in the town. The only real drawback is the horrendous traffic if you needed to commute into Philly everyday. If you aren't doing that, most commutes are pretty tolerable (it would be an easy, but longer drive to Rowan from there then from Mullica Hill). Basically, it's just like any other large suburb in the northeast, more akin to Cherry Hill then anything else.

Franklinville is part of Franklin Township. The area is rather mixed socio-economically and you have everything from trailer parks to regular developments to large homes on land. The school system is average and not as good as Mullica Hill or Washington Township. The commute to Rowan is relatively easy using Route 55 to get to 322. Other then that, you are kind of on an island and there isn't much convenient to there. Shopping requires a trip to Vineland or Deptford and that is a bit of a haul. Some areas of the township had major flooding issues during Irene, so be mindful of that if any properties you are considering are near lakes/creeks in the area. Honestly, I can't think of a compelling reason to live there versus Mullica Hill or Washington Twp.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2013, 08:31 PM

75 posts, read 117,052 times
Definitely New Jersey. Still looking at areas though. I want an okay commute to Rowan.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:20 AM

1,787 posts, read 5,747,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrysong18 View Post
Definitely New Jersey. Still looking at areas though. I want an okay commute to Rowan.
If you can, try to visit Turnersville and Mullica Hill to get a feel for the towns. Good luck with your decision.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:39 AM

75 posts, read 117,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timneh5 View Post
If you can, try to visit Turnersville and Mullica Hill to get a feel for the towns. Good luck with your decision.
Thank you! Do you have any other towns that would be similar? I'm just trying to keep my options open!

Old 01-08-2014, 10:32 AM

2 posts, read 3,515 times
we are miltary couple looking for a good neighborhood around Fort Dix, and best schools,any Ideas please?

Old 01-09-2014, 12:40 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,687,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyomugisha View Post
we are miltary couple looking for a good neighborhood around Fort Dix, and best schools,any Ideas please?
//www.city-data.com/forum/searc...archid=8718750

Any of the threads in that search will help you...

Old 01-28-2014, 08:45 PM

45 posts, read 77,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyomugisha View Post
I live in Shamong aka Indian Mills and we have a couple of Fort Dix families in our neighborhood. We moved here 13 years ago and our kids have gone through the schools systems and I can't say enough about them. Excellent. Plus, our kids went to Seneca which is the new high school. Not to sound corny but this is like living in Mayberry. There is a General Store with great deli food a few miles away, diagonally is a farmers market that makes the best apple cider doughnuts, a winery, and you're still close to center city Philly, Atlantic City and the beaches (under 1 hour). My daughter and I love to see plays, so we hop on the train in Hamilton and enjoy a day in NYC.

We are almost empty nesters and are in the beginning stages of moving south to be closer to family and friends, and it's hard leaving here. I've lived in north and central jersey and have to say, from a personal point of view, this is really a great area. Relocating myself, I know how hard it is, so if you have any questions I'd be happy to help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia