Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 01:11 PM

681 posts, read 1,512,193 times

Advertisements

The 4x4 quad thing was not done by "motor cycle gangs" like Hells or Pagans; just not what they do...never. This was done by unruly street thugs from bad areas. I cannot comment on your video as YouTube is blocked where I work. I am just giving an eye witness account of who did it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2013, 02:35 PM

19 posts, read 85,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraysFerryB4 View Post
The 4x4 quad thing was not done by "motor cycle gangs" like Hells or Pagans; just not what they do...never. This was done by unruly street thugs from bad areas. I cannot comment on your video as YouTube is blocked where I work. I am just giving an eye witness account of who did it.
"Unruly street thugs"....Ok I see, just out curiosity what's your opinion of 'Mudman' Simon? The guys in this video do not appear to be shooting at law enforcement officers.

Old 03-15-2013, 03:55 PM

21 posts, read 47,313 times
WTF to some of you guys comments.

Old 03-15-2013, 04:28 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,873,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cj4178 View Post
I saw mostly black people in that video, no animals though.
Animals as in no regard for others safety and giving the middle finger to the law type of animals.

Old 03-15-2013, 04:29 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,873,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraysFerryB4 View Post

I know what you mean and that what my vid is.. When you see it you will agree

Old 03-15-2013, 07:35 PM

5 posts, read 9,226 times
Since this has gone way OT, Ill try to bring it back. Is Collingswood safe? I have zero fear when my wife and baby go out on walks. The police are pretty good, and in reality, I think that the violence is from subpar people hopped up on who knows what (happens everywhere) and spillover from folks with ties that are a bit too close to Camden. There was a shooting on Haddon Ave maybe two years ago. It was Camden folks that were in gangs, who had been visiting an ex-Camdenite that was a section 8 renter in a house that the owner claims he cannot rent unless he does section 8 (oddly enough, other homes actually rent with some really nice, non-section 8 people). It is not as if there is consistent spillover though, and the police are good at watching the underpass at 130.

That said, the Heights (Parkview), apartments on Pacific and a few other spots are questionable. I had a friend live in the parkview maybe ten years ago. It was fine, just an apartment building like most others. I hear there are a lot more Camden transfers in there at this point.

But there are homes to rent, in nice neighborhoods, where people care about each other, are vigilant, care for their homes, etc. And you can find them, and I would. While Westmont is nice, and in terms of a place to find a home, is a great set of neighborhoods, HT as a whole is a fairly nondescript place, with its section of Haddon Ave a mess and lots of shopping centers, apartment/office buildings and other junk along Cuthbert. Audubon and Haddon Heights are nice towns, with the later being a fancier/nicer town than the former, but neither of them, nor Oaklyn are as convenient to the Patco. Haddonfield, despite some beautiful homes, is full of traffic, and much pricier, though the schools are far better, FWIW.

In terms of convenience and QOL though, Collingswood is tough to beat. It is more convenient to 130/42/295 (southbound)/95, and in my experience, it takes about twice as long to get into Philly from HF/HT/HH than from Collingswood. Collingswood has a nice park in the center of town, and depending upon where you live, you could be nicely situated not more than a few blocks from Knight Park, the Cooper River, Roberts Pool, etc.

Its sad that the sender districts drag the Collingswood schools down so much... THe whole near Camden thing is mostly a non issue; the fact that homes and apartments are rented to that crowd is much more the issue that brings down the schools and ups crime a bit. But in terms of location, parks, a great downtown, and decent proximity to lots of stuff, it is tough to beat.

Old 03-18-2013, 10:22 AM

1 posts, read 2,976 times
I'm actually trying to buy a house in Collingswood and was looking at Narberth street. With it's proximity so close to Camden, I'm concerned I should be looking in another direction. Any thoughts on this? I know West Collingswood is bad, but are there any other sections or streets I should avoid?

Old 03-18-2013, 01:09 PM

681 posts, read 1,512,193 times
I think the neighbors along Palmer, Narberth and Franklin would tell you that things are really nice around there. Common sense, as anywhere, rules the roost. Don't leave your kids BMX bikes in the yard when you go on vacation sort of stuff. The streets are nice and homes there are reasonable.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:25 PM

5 posts, read 9,226 times
I dont live far from Narberth. If youre on the dead end side, not sure if the homes that back upon the small apartment parking lot have issues with noise or anything. Otherwise, besides Pacific, which is busier since it is a pass through, IMO that set of streets are some of the best in Collingswood. Close to 130, not backing the speedline, and very few blocks to the cooper, Knight park and the pool. It is an optimal location, plus it isnt downtown near the restaurants, so you dont have that business.

I really like those streets between 130 and Browning in that corner, besides Pacific.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:41 PM

155 posts, read 372,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
So is $1000 a year

Then I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I lived in East Falls and on City Ave near the Main Line before moving to Cherry Hill, and I certainly didn't see anywhere near a $1000 decrease to my premiums when I moved into Jersey.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia