Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 12:34 PM

6 posts, read 20,882 times

Advertisements

Hi all~

Any opinions out there about Moorestown? We are thinking about relocating from DC for a job in Cherry Hill. We have 2 small children, and prefer to be a bit out of the hustle bustle. Looks like the commute would be easy, but want to feel the town out a little more. Thanks!

Old 10-28-2007, 05:40 PM

859 posts, read 3,321,965 times
I love Moorestown. I live in the next town over. It's very quaint and has a nice main street with stores. Expensive area, but very nice.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:45 AM

4 posts, read 18,940 times
Moorestown is a great place to raise a family. I've been here for over 7 years with 4 kids in the school district and I love it. The education is top-notch and the people here are very warm and open. It's also a very competitve place in both sports and academics but I assume that's probably the case most everywhere. The commute to Cherry Hill would take only 10-15 minutes. Good luck.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:20 AM

29 posts, read 163,163 times
Moorestown has one of the top school districts in South Jersey. Great community with ongoing events at Strawbridge Lake and Main Street. It's centrally located to everything, but you're out of the way. Of course all this comes with a cost as it's also one of the most expensive in South Jersey in regards to home prices and property taxes. If you can afford it though, you can't go wrong. I'm a MHS grad and if my wallet would allow, I'd move back in a heartbeat!

Old 10-20-2008, 07:24 AM

1,983 posts, read 7,518,203 times
Good for you but realize the OP's post is almost exactly 1 year old. Moorestown is a blue ribbon school district making it one top schools systems in the State. Add in Moorestown Friends and you have an unbeatable choice of private or public education.

Old 10-20-2008, 08:24 PM

516 posts, read 1,616,855 times
Where are the best locations in Moorestown within a mile or so of the downtown?

Old 10-21-2008, 08:28 AM

4,927 posts, read 14,216,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberpwood View Post
Hi all~

Any opinions out there about Moorestown? We are thinking about relocating from DC for a job in Cherry Hill. We have 2 small children, and prefer to be a bit out of the hustle bustle. Looks like the commute would be easy, but want to feel the town out a little more. Thanks!
Do yourself a favor and look into the Pa suburbs for an overall more rewarding experience. The Philaldephia metro is much like the DC metro where the majority of activity and vibrancy is in the NW quadrant of the metro. South jersey is just getting its feet wet and tends to be more blue collar in nature although Moorestown/Haddonfield/Voorhees are the exception. On the otherhand the PA suburbs are more progressive,professional oriented,incredible public schools to go along with a much more gifted natural landscape.Pa is the beginning of Piedmont of rolling hills, valleys, rivers and fresh water streams.Think Fairfax,Manassas. South Jersey well its flat sand based farmland once you get 15 miles from the city.

Id recommend looking into Garnet valley,Chadds Ford,Radnor,West Chester,Media,Valley Forge,Main Line in Pa..

Good luck

Old 10-21-2008, 08:45 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
folks - this is year old thread. Thank you.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:47 AM

1,983 posts, read 7,518,203 times
I agree with the above post. Look in PA and look in NJ then decide for yourself. The commute to PA to Cherry, NJ is going to be brutal. Most of the PA towns have little or no amenities or even a main street. But I do agree, check it out and see both sides of the coin before making up your mind. Just one fact for clarification - South Jersey is decidedly white collar, there are little to no heavy manufacturing facilities that exist, almost all of that is in PA, which is known as a blue collar state. The PA georgraphy lends itself to coal-mining, excavation firms, etc. For these reasons you'll find economic growth more robust in SJ over PA but decide for yourself.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:57 AM

4,927 posts, read 14,216,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoorestownResident View Post
I agree with the above post. Look in PA and look in NJ then decide for yourself. The commute to PA to Cherry, NJ is going to be brutal. Most of the PA towns have little or no amenities or even a main street. But I do agree, check it out and see both sides of the coin before making up your mind. Just one fact for clarification - South Jersey is decidedly white collar, there are little to no heavy manufacturing facilities that exist, almost all of that is in PA, which is known as a blue collar state. The PA georgraphy lends itself to coal-mining, excavation firms, etc. For these reasons you'll find economic growth more robust in SJ over PA but decide for yourself.
295 in South Jersey all the way to the Del Mem Bridge is lined with warehouses,distribution centers.

202 + 476 in Pa. are lined with corporate offices,HQ,universities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia