Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2013, 07:18 AM

1,843 posts, read 3,057,989 times

Advertisements

My fiance and I are looking to get married in September/October of this year. We have been trying to brainstorm & I figured I would try to post on here to get any tips or ideas from my fellow Jersians. It will be immediate family only, 15-18 people altogether. We are looking for a nice little spot to say our I do's, & then just have a quiet sit down dinner. I am looking into renting a gazebo at parks in NJ for an hour & then we can go to dinner from there-it seems nice now but I am worried about not having an alternative option if the weather is bad. I was looking into package deals at B&B's (especially down the shore, there seem to be a lot of those) but most of them either have a minimum requirement higher than our guest list or they charge too much (almost $5k for 15 people?). If anyone can give any advice I would appreciate it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2013, 08:19 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,194,501 times
Firstly Congrats!

Why not rent a hall someplace and have food from a caterer?

Maybe others will have better ideas.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:34 AM

589 posts, read 1,347,525 times
I did a morning wedding, and served brunch. We had less than 30 people. Many halls and restaurants will do that for a very low fee, limited alcohol keeps the costs down (mimosas and/or a champagne toast work well). Some places will allow you to do the ceremony on site as well.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:46 AM

1,843 posts, read 3,057,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieM View Post
I did a morning wedding, and served brunch. We had less than 30 people. Many halls and restaurants will do that for a very low fee, limited alcohol keeps the costs down (mimosas and/or a champagne toast work well). Some places will allow you to do the ceremony on site as well.

I am actually seeing this while researching a lot of places. It looks like that may be the way people go with such a small number. Thanks for the tip!

Old 05-07-2013, 12:24 PM

1,624 posts, read 4,054,579 times
Check out the scottish rite theatre in Collingswood.

Old 05-24-2013, 11:07 AM

125 posts, read 210,587 times
Definitely try Collingswood. You can have a nice ceremony and reception at a couple different restaurants on Haddon Ave (for a reasonable price too). It is also BYOB, so you can buy wine and beer and they will serve and/or provide glasses.

Old 05-24-2013, 07:07 PM

212 posts, read 610,560 times
If you're looking into the Collingswood area, you might want to check into Knight Park (couple of options - fresh air, large covered area or currently being restored Caretaker's house) that size wise could all work for you. There's a number of restaurants that could probably put aside dedicated area for you depending on time of day - Nunzios, Akira, Bistro di Marino, Villa Barone or if you're up to getting a whole restaurant (especially if afternoon) put aside none of the other restaurants in town are that large and could work. All restaurants in Collingswood are BYOB so that can save you considerably depending on how you planning your reception.
Alternatively, if you are interested in a wedding in Philadelphia there are a number of smaller spots for a wedding - check out this site City of Philadelphia: Plan Your Event
Good luck. Fifteen years ago we had a small wedding - Old Swedes Church for the ceremony and a dinner in a private room at the White Dog. Worked out great.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:30 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,876,438 times
congrats!!!! Enjoy your day no matter where you have it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia