Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2013, 05:57 PM

125 posts, read 210,652 times

Advertisements

Hi there,
My fiancee and I are getting married in Collingswood, at Nunzio's (on Haddon Ave) late this summer and I'm not entirely familiar with their parking regulations. We were going to include a card with the invite that states:
Parking is located in the rear of the restaurant on North Atlantic Avenue (Behind the collingswood fire department, directly off of collings avenue).
Park and walk through the "Avenue Mall" to the front of the restaurant on Haddon ave."

But we actually just drove behind there the other day and saw that there are meters back there (the old meters). I didn't see a sign if we need to pay the meter on Saturdays. But does anyone know if the meters need to be fed on Saturdays and what the time limit for these meters?

And does anyone know the proper ettiquete for parking for weddings? Should we include $3 to park, or just make them aware that it is a coin operated meter?

Any other parking suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

Thanks for all your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 04:15 AM

212 posts, read 610,681 times
Collingswood Police | Collingswood, New Jersey

Old 05-22-2013, 10:28 AM

125 posts, read 210,652 times
Thanks for the link!
So, the meters are a 3 hour limit? Hmm not a fan of that - would hate to have our guests have to run out to feed the meter (our wedding is 4 hours). But I guess there is no choice.
I wonder if I spoke to the police department, if there was anyway to buy passes for our guests for those 4 hours that they could put on their cars?

Old 05-22-2013, 11:30 AM

584 posts, read 1,425,334 times
There are a few lots in the area - for instance, there is a parking garage for the public in the Lumberyard complex: 100+ public parking spaces open in LumberYard garage | Collingswood, New Jersey

According to this article, http://collingswood.patch.com/articl...parking-garage there is an 8 hour limit.

Old 05-22-2013, 12:12 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,691,956 times
On the wedding etiquette side of it, the couple I have been to where you needed to park in metered/paid spaces or public lots worked like this:

The invite included a tiny map showing the location and the most convenient places to park. On the back it stated how much it cost.

The one where it was a public pay lot they included a pass card they had bought.

The one where it was mainly public street/lot metered parking, they had a big basket of quarters in the reception area that people were welcome to use to "feed the meter".

One suggestion if this is really a major concern would be to have a valet. Nunzio's often has valet service on the weekends, so they could probably set it up for a minimal cost. The issue there would be dealing with the "all at once" volume of the guests arriving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia