Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 06:36 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,626,918 times

Advertisements

It's a friendly town. Houses are older 60 70ish. Affordable and down to earth, it's almost like the south.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2008, 04:31 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,835,057 times
About 30 years ago the exodus out of Willingboro started.

We lived there until I was about 10- it was a great town when I was a child. Like mentioned above, the schools all had pools and were open with camps in the summer. Each neighborhood had a nice park and there were concerts and fairs in all of them.

My childhood was pretty nice there- my parents made the decision to move because of the changes- people moving in from the cities of North Jersey and things changed so quickly. Crime, not feeling safe walking out of a store, the things I saw and heard in school and during my walks to and from were pretty alarming.

In the years since, several schools have been shut down and I have heard of the corruption in the school board. Many retailers have also pulled out.

Old 06-02-2008, 08:30 PM

12 posts, read 54,571 times
North Camden is not like Willingboro and I already know how cynical cops are.I worked at Crisis Unit in the ER and sorry no comparison if you know Camden that is.Matter of fact I am not even sure how to begin to compare a town to Camden.

Old 08-16-2008, 08:24 AM

103 posts, read 899,732 times
Damn right! Willingboro has turned into a cesspool.

Old 04-18-2009, 08:06 PM

15 posts, read 42,092 times
I had to learn the hard way...relocating from the West Coast. My friends say I jumped outta the skillet and into he fire. No lie there. Willingboro is not the place to raise your children. The schools are failing and they have zip code assignments so there are no options of choices. The teachers could care less if a child passes or fails. The rent is not cheap but perhaps buying is ...donno???. The kids in the neighborhood are decent but I get the feeling they are gangs waiting to happen. I been here a year in September and won't be staying a day past my lease........

Old 04-19-2009, 04:05 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,869,902 times
LOl I came from Philly. If you guys think Willingboro is a ghetto, you have obviously never been to a real ghetto. Let me tell ya. I drive thru it all the time and its a nice pleasant town with well kept homes and friendly people. BUT it is all black and if you're white I don't know if it would be the best move. But its NO Camden.. Trust me on this

Old 04-19-2009, 08:40 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,626,918 times
Their highschool would have bomb threats every week when i went to school. Like some joke or something. Burlington city or mount holly has a better school system, graduates are more prepared for college atleast.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:30 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,869,902 times
top prove Willingboro is not that bad. Here are the crime numbers as compared to Camden and my town (Cinnaminson) for 06
In fact I checked Pennsaken just for giggles and its number is 1507. Moorestown NJ is 462..

will- total crimes (violent and non)- 768
Cam- " " " " " - 6515
Cinna- " " " " " - 368 < extremely safe.

This came crom the website "NJ by the numbers". See? Its not even in the same league as Camden..

Old 04-20-2009, 10:54 AM

786 posts, read 2,663,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
top prove Willingboro is not that bad. Here are the crime numbers as compared to Camden and my town (Cinnaminson) for 06
In fact I checked Pennsaken just for giggles and its number is 1507. Moorestown NJ is 462..

will- total crimes (violent and non)- 768
Cam- " " " " " - 6515
Cinna- " " " " " - 368 < extremely safe.

This came crom the website "NJ by the numbers". See? Its not even in the same league as Camden..
Actually, if you normalize those numbers for population, Willingboro is actually very slightly safer than Cinnaminson in 2006, and both are WAY safer than Camden, according to By the Numbers

Old 04-20-2009, 10:54 AM

5,340 posts, read 13,947,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by invertigo View Post
Ok-- Willingboro, Burlington County

What is up with this place?? If you search out homes in the county, that town clearly stands out with cheaper homes. I've also heard people speak of the place like it's post WWII Berlin or something... Is it really that bad?! The homes on the MLS system look like they sit in quiet residential communities. Can somebody tell me what is so bad about that town? People on here have said that the town is "ghetto". I have a hard time believing that the middle of Burlington County is urban and scary!
Are the schools a joke or something??
Their school system typically ranks lowest, or close to it, in the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia