U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2013, 05:29 PM

18 posts, read 26,180 times

Advertisements

So i might be moving to Mt Laurel any thoughts people? whats it like because i wanna be prepared for almost anything if i do have to go.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2013, 05:19 AM

1,787 posts, read 5,538,922 times
What are you used to? What exactly do you have to be prepared for? Mount Laurel Township, NJ - Official Website

Old 07-19-2013, 04:51 PM

18 posts, read 26,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timneh5 View Post
What are you used to? What exactly do you have to be prepared for? Mount Laurel Township, NJ - Official Website

i guess prepared wasnt the right word to use i have lived in fla and ga and nc and enjoyed all 3 but moving to another state i guess since this board is around i thought maybe people from there can tell me what its like what kind of hot spots are there u know a basic feel for the area.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:26 AM

198 posts, read 465,605 times
Mount Laurel is a very nice suburban town, safe, good school system, etc. it a great place o raise a family but if your single looking for "hotspots" you might be a little disappointed. There are some bar/restaurant establishments such as Millers Ale House and PJ Whelihans(neighboring town) but Mount Laurel is more a quiet family suburb.

That said most of South Jersey is light on hotspots for single people unless you want to live in Philly and commute to Mt laurel which is doable.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:23 AM

23,806 posts, read 32,681,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mralcohol View Post
i guess prepared wasnt the right word to use i have lived in fla and ga and nc and enjoyed all 3 but moving to another state i guess since this board is around i thought maybe people from there can tell me what its like what kind of hot spots are there u know a basic feel for the area.
Mt Laurel was very rural until relatively recently. Depending on your idea of a hot spot you might or might not find any there.

Old 08-04-2013, 11:49 AM

478 posts, read 672,868 times
When purchasing a home with a basement in Mount Laurel get a radon test. My 25 years in radon indicated many houses with elevated radon levels as much as 15 times the allowable guidelines.

Old 08-04-2013, 12:09 PM

17,578 posts, read 44,556,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mralcohol View Post
Hot spots? You mean as in nightclubs kind of thing?

Old 08-30-2013, 08:56 AM

594 posts, read 1,167,003 times
Son is 25 years old and I know a lot of that age group goes to Miller's Ale House -- NJBosch is correct!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia