Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 12:04 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,672,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Dover View Post
nope. Been there done that.
It depends on what court you get called for. If you are called for jury duty for CAMDEN COUNTY and you are a resident of Bulrington County, you will get out of it. I had that happen a couple of times when I moved from Camden to Burlington I got called for duty in Camden and was excused. I then moved back to Camden from Burlington, was called by Bulrignton and then excused. However, if you get called for STATE SUPERIOR COURT, which is also in Camden at the Hall of Justice, then as long as you are a resident of the state of NJ, you have to show up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2013, 12:07 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,680,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
It depends on what court you get called for. If you are called for jury duty for CAMDEN COUNTY and you are a resident of Bulrington County, you will get out of it. I had that happen a couple of times when I moved from Camden to Burlington I got called for duty in Camden and was excused. I then moved back to Camden from Burlington, was called by Bulrignton and then excused. However, if you get called for STATE SUPERIOR COURT, which is also in Camden at the Hall of Justice, then as long as you are a resident of the state of NJ, you have to show up.
Correct. Mr. Ben-dover should know that.

Old 10-04-2013, 05:08 PM

14 posts, read 22,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post

How and why would a Camden county case even send a jury notice to a Burlington county address?

Old 10-05-2013, 09:59 AM

1,247 posts, read 3,024,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammachi77 View Post
Since it seems no one has anything nice to say about Camden (have never been there myself.), hopefully I would get off going there for jury duty, if I end up living in Burlington County- at this point, uncertain,and have to do some research. Thanks for the responses.
Camden itself is one of the worst places in the entire country. Remember a few months ago when they showed pictures of abandoned buildings in Detroit on the news when that city declared bankruptcy? Yeah, Camden looks exactly like that.

I've gotten notices from a neighboring county courthouse for jury duty in the past, but when showed proof that I was not a resident of the county I was excused.

PS I don't live in either Camden or Burlington County.

Old 12-13-2018, 08:47 PM

2 posts, read 984 times
Looking at a House in Burlington, NJ 08016 right across from Burlington township high school anyone tell me how the area is ? Schools I have 7,11,13 and a 14 year old looking for a good school district and moving from philly ?

Old 12-13-2018, 10:19 PM

32,924 posts, read 36,323,847 times
The schools ratings aren't good. I don't know anyone who has lived there or sent their kids to school there.

If you're coming from a neighborhood with a lot of crime and completely unacceptable schools, I think it would would be a plus. It's not Haddonfield, but it's not Camden, either.

Old 12-13-2018, 10:31 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,751,616 times
Poster is looking at Burlington Twp, not Burlington City. Those schools are decent. All in all, Burlington Twp is a pretty solid middle-class town. There isn't much crime spillover from Burlington City. Kids would get a good education in Burlington Twp schools, but as always, the most important thing is they apply themselves and work hard. If they do what they need to do, those schools will not let them down.

Old 12-14-2018, 10:25 AM

2 posts, read 984 times
Thank you it’s def a big move for us because Iam not used to jersey at all but we found a house that cought our eye so I want to get input before we make the move my boys are not happy so hope this area is good Iam going to check some
More out

Old 12-14-2018, 11:54 PM

32,924 posts, read 36,323,847 times
My mistake. The township isn't a problem. If everyone is taking their garbage can off of the road, cutting their lawn, planting pansies, and putting up holiday decorations, you know you're in the right place.

The schools seem to be about average for New Jersey, which is pretty good because they have some very good districts. My son went to some less than stellar schools there, and I was quite impressed with the quality of the teachers. There were also enough extracurricular activities and clubs to keep anyone who was interested active and busy.

That looks like a nice area to me. I've lined in Carmel, CA and Fayetteville, NC, so I should know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia