Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2014, 11:13 PM

52 posts, read 251,846 times

Advertisements

Below is a blog meant to talk about the positives and negatives of our towns in involvement as well as issues that are negatively affecting communities within various areas of Camden and Gloucester Counties. Below is a list of towns and I was interested in hearing about the pros and cons of each and what we as a society can do to improve the quality of life within each community in terms of safety, affordability, appreciation, job growth, community resources, law enforcement initiatives, and quality education. This blog hopefully will be used to look at not just what we as a society are doing right but also some of the flaws that continue to hamper are communities and hopefully gather insight into solutions to community based problems. Feel free to join in on the discussion. The towns that encompass this blog may be discussed entirely in both a positive and negative light in order to not only recognize to positive improvements within the community but also of must needed dire work that is needed in order to improve the quality of life for residents and citizens within the community whether it be regarding employment, community outreach involvement, law enforcement initiatives, crime concerns, issues with gangs, trends and concerns over substance abuse, recognizing true leaders within the community through various professions, offering solutions or insight on how to improve the quality of life for the citizenry of these communities and so on. In order to improve a community one needs to look at not just positive trends but also the negative. It's like looking at one's self in the mirror. Community organizations and leadership sometimes struggle to improve a communities overall quality of life but we have to realize that simply criticism and complaining wont resolve the problem . What we need is effective feedback and dialogue from the citizenry. If you do not like how things are being done in your community start going to town meetings and expressing your concerns. In order for a community to prosper it is necessary that its community members participate and voice their concerns and issues with their elected officials. Fighting arguing and bickering will not solve the problem. The only way we as a community can improve ourselves is by working together as community members and voicing our concerns to our mayors and speaking up when they feel not enough is being done to improve situations.

AUDUBON-

AUDUBON PARK

BARRINGTON
BELLMAWR
BERLIN
BERLIN TWP
WEST BERLIN
BROOKLAWN
CAMDEN
CHERRY HILL TOWNSHIP
ASHLAND
BARCLAY
CHERRY HILL MALL
ELLISBURG
GOLDEN TRIANGLE
GREENTREE
KINGSTON ESTATES
SPRINGDALE
CHESILHURST
CLEMENTON
COLLINGSWOOD
LAUREL SPRINGS
GIBBSBORO
GLOUCESTER CITY
GLOUCESTER TOWNSHIP
BLACKWOOD
BLENHEIM
CHEWS LANDING
ERIAL
GLENDORA

SICKLERVILLE- GLOUCESTER TWP SIDE

HADDON HEIGHTS
HADDON TOWNSHIP
HADDONFIELD
HI NELLA
LAUREL SPRINGS
LAWNSIDE
LINDENWOLD
MAGNOLIA
MERCHANTVILLE
MOUNT EPHRAIM
OAKLYN
PENNSAUKEN TOWNSHIP
PINE HILL
PINE VALLEY
RUNNEMEDE
SOMERDALE
STRATFORD
TAVISTOCK
VOORHEES TOWNSHIP
ECHELON
KIRKWOOD
WATERFORD TOWNSHIP
ATCO
WINSLOW TOWNSHIP
BLUE ANCHOR
SICKLERVILLE -WINSLOW TWP PART
WOODLYNNE BOROUGH

GLOUCESTER COUNTY NJ COMMUNITIES

CLAYTON-
DEPTFORD TOWNSHIP
WESTVILLE GROVE
BLACKWOOD TERRACE
OAK VALLEY
ALMONESSON
JERICHO
SALINA
GOOD INTENT
GARDENVILLE CENTER
EAST GREENWICH TOWNSHIP
MOUNT ROYAL
MICKLETON
WOLFERT
TOMLIN
ELK TOWNSHIP
HARDINGVILLE
AURA
FRANKLIN TOWNSHIP
FRANKLINVILLE
FRIES MILL
STAR CROSS
JANVIER
PORCHTOWN
PLAINVILLE
MALAGA
FOREST GROVE
GLASSBORO
GREENWICH TOWNSHIP
GIBBSTOWN
BILLINGSPORT
HARRISON TOWNSHIP
MULLICA HILL
RICHWOOD
EWAN
WRIGHTS MILL
LOGAN TOWNSHIP
BECKETT
BRIDGEPORT
CENTER SQUARE
NORTONVILLE
REPAUPO
MANTUA TOWNSHIP
BARNSBORO
SEWELL
MONROE TOWNSHIP
VICTORY LAKES
WILLIAMSTOWN
CROSS KEYS
NEW BROOKLYN
BROAD LANE
CECIL
NATIONAL PARK
NEWFIELD
PAULSBORO
PITMAN
SOUTH HARRISON TOWNSHIP
HARRISONVILLE
CEDAR GROVE
SWEDESBORO
WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP
TURNERSVILLE
HURFVILLE
GRENLOCH
WENONAH
WEST DEPTFORD TOWNSHIP
COLONIAL MANOR
GREENFIELDS VILLAGE
MANTUA GROVE
RED BANK
THOROFARE
VERGA
WESTVILLE
WOODBURY
WOODBURY HEIGHTS
WOOLWICH TOWNSHIP
ASBURY
SANDY HILL
GRAND SPRUTE
PORCHES MILL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2014, 09:08 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,672,468 times
Just a little critique if I may. You would probably get a much better response focusing in on specific areas or problems in regular threads then trying to make some sort of all encompassing post/blog about all of these areas. Also, I believe that "blogs" are only allowed under your own user account which has a blog entry section. I think there could be individual threads about certain towns or areas, but you would probably need to provide a starting place in the discussion.

Old 02-05-2014, 09:18 AM

164 posts, read 432,926 times
Kind-of a big, wide net you're throwing out there.

Old 02-08-2014, 10:36 AM

3,315 posts, read 10,088,493 times
I try to read posts quickly so I can respond appropriately but I gave up on yours mid-way. BTW, which towns/cities in NJ did you NOT put on the list?

If you're really curious about these locations do a search of the existing threads. Second, this is a forum not a blog.

Old 02-09-2014, 08:00 AM

414 posts, read 930,692 times
Also, a LOT of these towns must REALLY be tucked away and way under the radar (i.e. Population 20)...Never even HEARD of: Verga, Cecil or New Brooklyn, or Grand Sprute. Are you for real with your question, OP??

Are you writing a thesis on the Garden State or something? In any event, I highly doubt that there's enough people from these areas who frequent this website who could give you the information you're looking for.

Suggest you do your own research in this case...Wikipedia can REALLY be your friend here.

I'm NOT trying to be a smart ass, it's just that nobody has time to do an exhaustive historical analysis of the cities of Southern NJ for you.

Old 02-10-2014, 05:10 PM

1,953 posts, read 3,875,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Winter Soldier View Post
Also, a LOT of these towns must REALLY be tucked away and way under the radar (i.e. Population 20)...Never even HEARD of: Verga, Cecil or New Brooklyn, or Grand Sprute. Are you for real with your question, OP??
They seem to be specific neighborhoods/communities within existing towns. In other words, they don't comprise their own municipality. Similar to Echelon in Voorhees or Springdale in Cherry Hill.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:02 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,672,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soug View Post
They seem to be specific neighborhoods/communities within existing towns. In other words, they don't comprise their own municipality. Similar to Echelon in Voorhees or Springdale in Cherry Hill.
I think it's a list of all of the census designated areas, which includes various sections of larger towns.

Old 02-11-2014, 06:52 PM

1,953 posts, read 3,875,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
I think it's a list of all of the census designated areas, which includes various sections of larger towns.
Sounds right. Off topic, but "census designated place" is such a lame term. Nobody will want to consolidate municipalities if their town just becomes a "census designated place" within the new town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia