Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2014, 10:45 AM

240 posts, read 423,012 times

Advertisements

Anyone know of any mortgage companies that are hiring underwriters in South Jersey/Philly Metro area?

Got laid off and searching for a job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2014, 12:11 PM

592 posts, read 1,478,693 times
PHH Jobs: Mortgage careers at PHH Mortgage ?

I just remember that at one time they had thousands of employees.
But you probably know that already?

Old 02-19-2014, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellmark View Post
PHH Jobs: Mortgage careers at PHH Mortgage ?

I just remember that at one time they had thousands of employees.
But you probably know that already?
That's actually where I got laid off from...lol. And yea, there were a few times during my 10+ years with the company where they were busting at the seams with employees. The past year or so was pretty rough. Volume is down quite a bit. Thanks for your help.

Old 02-19-2014, 08:39 PM

414 posts, read 931,121 times
OP..not sure if you have a LinkedIn Account, but if no, I highly recommend setting up a free account and network with other mortgage professionals there (ALL industries are represented here!)

There are also job postings there.

I've been using LI for awhile to keep the feelers out there for my next job change. At this point, it's considered the premier networking too and almost all recruiters will tell you that having an account on there is a must!

Best of luck to you on your job search!!

Old 02-20-2014, 10:51 AM

592 posts, read 1,478,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali2jersey View Post
That's actually where I got laid off from...lol. And yea, there were a few times during my 10+ years with the company where they were busting at the seams with employees. The past year or so was pretty rough. Volume is down quite a bit. Thanks for your help.

I had a feeling that it was same place... simply just because of their size.
I applaud you for wanting to jump back immediately into a job, instead of soaking up unemployment benefits.

Good luck.

Old 02-20-2014, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Winter Soldier View Post
OP..not sure if you have a LinkedIn Account, but if no, I highly recommend setting up a free account and network with other mortgage professionals there (ALL industries are represented here!)

There are also job postings there.

I've been using LI for awhile to keep the feelers out there for my next job change. At this point, it's considered the premier networking too and almost all recruiters will tell you that having an account on there is a must!

Best of luck to you on your job search!!

Awesome! I'll set up an account. Thanks so much for your help!

Old 02-20-2014, 06:30 PM

414 posts, read 931,121 times
Thumbs up Job Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali2jersey View Post
Awesome! I'll set up an account. Thanks so much for your help!

Opps...meant to "premier networking tool"..lol

Glad to be of help!!

I realize that most people already know about LinkedIn, but I have several friends & associates who have said "Yeah, I'll get around to doing it" and never do so.

I really think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how many people you already know on there and can add as contacts: Ex-PHH employees / managers, customers, friends from college, even family members.

After using LinkedIn for years, I'm still amazed at the number of contacts of mine who share a friend or
ex-corker in common..or may know a hiring manager in the industry you're looking at!

Forget the lame networking breakfasts/brunches and job fairs...this is the way to go!

Please PM me if I can be of help navigating the LI website.

Disclaimer: I don't worked for LinkedIn and don't own stock in the company (Wish I did!)

Old 02-26-2014, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Winter Soldier View Post
Opps...meant to "premier networking tool"..lol

Glad to be of help!!

I realize that most people already know about LinkedIn, but I have several friends & associates who have said "Yeah, I'll get around to doing it" and never do so.

I really think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how many people you already know on there and can add as contacts: Ex-PHH employees / managers, customers, friends from college, even family members.

After using LinkedIn for years, I'm still amazed at the number of contacts of mine who share a friend or
ex-corker in common..or may know a hiring manager in the industry you're looking at!

Forget the lame networking breakfasts/brunches and job fairs...this is the way to go!

Please PM me if I can be of help navigating the LI website.

Disclaimer: I don't worked for LinkedIn and don't own stock in the company (Wish I did!)
Ha! Great info. Thanks again!

Old 03-22-2014, 01:16 PM

3 posts, read 4,574 times
TD Bank is always hiring for the mortgage underwriting and processing depts. check their webpage.

Old 03-24-2014, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal-optomist View Post
TD Bank is always hiring for the mortgage underwriting and processing depts. check their webpage.
Thank you. I will check their site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia