U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2014, 09:17 PM

10 posts, read 20,342 times

Advertisements

I am considering relocating to:
Marlton/Evesham Township
Burlington Township
Cinamminson
Cherry Hill (Garden State Park)

Could anyone please rank these areas with the most upscale as no. 1?

Is there a huge difference between areas?

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2014, 04:01 AM

414 posts, read 850,071 times
If you're looking for the most upscale (and most expensive), Marlton will likely trump Cherry Hill ..although there are some pricey homes (and high taxes) in Cherry Hill as well.

I have no idea on the Garden State Park area specifically though...if it's a newer development, it could rival Marlton home pricing.

Although I believe there's new home construction in the Cinnaminson & Burlington Twp areas, they aren't really what comes to mind when I think "upscale areas".

Old 02-20-2014, 05:23 AM

10 posts, read 20,342 times
Thank you so much The Winter Soldier, I really need help trying to fathom this out long distance!

Old 02-20-2014, 09:22 AM

512 posts, read 960,063 times
Yea, Cherry Hill east is wealthier than the west side. Its newer and the homes are bigger. Its also farther from Camden... problems dont stop at the borders. Haddonfield and Moorestown are the most expensive but not on your list. Haddonfield is historic with the best town center in SJ. Moorestown has lots of jobs and is large so it has horse estates.

Old 02-21-2014, 05:53 AM

31,151 posts, read 32,091,471 times
Haddonfield, Moorestown, Cherry Hill, Medford, Marlton. Aren't you looking for a townhome, new or newer construction? You won't find new in Haddonfield. Cherry hill has everything from low? rent apartments to multimillion dollar homes. Most of the money in that area lives in insanely expensive, over the top new construction, in historic homes in a golf community or own a horse farm. There are a lot of horses in New Jersey.

You couldn't pay me to live in Garden State Park. It's a very congested area - too much traffic and no
sense of community - and you'd be living behind a shopping center.

Forget Burlington Township. It's a bit off of the beaten path for your purpose(s).
Cinnaminson has good schools and... and mostly older homes. It's definitely not upscale. Isn't there a flooding issue with the townhomes along the river?

I lived in Marlton/Evesham for more than ten years and loved it. It really depends upon where you work and what you have to do on a daily or weekly basis.

Old 02-21-2014, 05:54 AM

31,151 posts, read 32,091,471 times
Haddonfield, Moorestown, Cherry Hill, Medford, Marlton. Aren't you looking for a townhome, new or newer construction? You won't find new in Haddonfield. Cherry hill has everything from low? rent apartments to multimillion dollar homes. Most of the money in that area lives in insanely expensive, over the top new construction, in historic homes, in a golf community or own a horse farm. There are a lot of horses in New Jersey.

You couldn't pay me to live in Garden State Park. It's a very congested area - too much traffic and no
sense of community - and you'd be living behind a shopping center.

Forget Burlington Township. It's a bit off of the beaten path for your purpose(s).
Cinnaminson has good schools and... and mostly older homes. It's definitely not upscale. Isn't there a flooding issue with the townhomes along the river?

I lived in Marlton/Evesham for more than ten years and loved it. It really depends upon where you work and what you have to do on a daily or weekly basis.

Old 02-21-2014, 01:25 PM

512 posts, read 960,063 times
There are new homes in Haddonfield (teardowns plus gut renovations and town homes). Just because they care about history doesnt mean there are not new homes in Haddonfield.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia