Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 12:05 PM

56 posts, read 200,345 times

Advertisements

I believe an old friend of mine purchased a place in that development... it's the one on Kings Highway just north of Spirit Chrysler, correct?

It's a decent area... I don't know if you're from this general area or not, if not you'd be amazed at the amount of development in the Swedesboro/Woolwich/Logan/East Greenwich area that has happened just in the past 10 years or so... especially there on Center Square Rd - that used to be nothing but farmland not even a decade ago!

But to those who stated it isn't developed enough around there... there are plenty of restaurants within 10 minutes of Swedesboro, it has extremely easy access to 295, and it's not more than 25-45 minutes from about 6 different malls.

Anyway... it's a good buy, a really good price for the area, and they look like really nice units. Just out of curiosity... how much is your monthly association fee going to be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 02:57 PM

102 posts, read 427,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amgoff View Post
I believe an old friend of mine purchased a place in that development... it's the one on Kings Highway just north of Spirit Chrysler, correct?

It's a decent area... I don't know if you're from this general area or not, if not you'd be amazed at the amount of development in the Swedesboro/Woolwich/Logan/East Greenwich area that has happened just in the past 10 years or so... especially there on Center Square Rd - that used to be nothing but farmland not even a decade ago!

But to those who stated it isn't developed enough around there... there are plenty of restaurants within 10 minutes of Swedesboro, it has extremely easy access to 295, and it's not more than 25-45 minutes from about 6 different malls.

Anyway... it's a good buy, a really good price for the area, and they look like really nice units. Just out of curiosity... how much is your monthly association fee going to be?

45 dollars a month

Old 05-31-2008, 05:05 PM

20 posts, read 47,648 times
so we settled and everything went great! The fridge was a little difficult only because they didnt bring straps .. make SURE they BRING STRAPS to get it up ... .but they did get ours up and didnt hit any walls everything looks great! Only tough thing was moving the boxes from floor to floor my calves hurt sooo bad the next morning i almost cried ..!! it takes a toll on your body !!! other than that good luck!!

Old 05-31-2008, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobewedin09 View Post
so we settled and everything went great! The fridge was a little difficult only because they didnt bring straps .. make SURE they BRING STRAPS to get it up ... .but they did get ours up and didnt hit any walls everything looks great! Only tough thing was moving the boxes from floor to floor my calves hurt sooo bad the next morning i almost cried ..!! it takes a toll on your body !!! other than that good luck!!

Wow thats great!!! So you are totally moved in? You had your movers come the same day as your closing? I did let the place I bought the fridge know that its on the second floor but its good to hear that they got it up the stairs without touching the walls... CONGRATS... You must be excited!!! Did you notice anything wrong in the presettlement walkthrough?

Old 05-31-2008, 08:23 PM

36 posts, read 172,661 times
Hi NJStealth,

I am looking to move in South Jersey area. I need to commute to 30th St. Statation. Is this development good to commute to PA 30th St.

Any Train Transportation ?

How much is the property tax ?

How is the middle school ?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-01-2008, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmistry1 View Post
Hi NJStealth,

I am looking to move in South Jersey area. I need to commute to 30th St. Statation. Is this development good to commute to PA 30th St.

Any Train Transportation ?

How much is the property tax ?

How is the middle school ?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

I haven't moved in quite yet... I move in at the end of the month... I am not sure about train transportation or property tax but the school systems are good... Philly is probably 40 min away so its not far.

Old 06-01-2008, 08:10 AM

7 posts, read 17,548 times
Congratulations!!! Glad everything went off without a hitch. NVR did everything then needed to in time for settlement? As we live almost an hour away in our current home, we don't get a chance to pass through Swedesboro much. Just wondering if they started our building - the last one next to Hurff on South Ave?

Congrats and best wishes again! Looking forward to meeting our new neighbors!

Old 06-01-2008, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by humphries View Post
Congratulations!!! Glad everything went off without a hitch. NVR did everything then needed to in time for settlement? As we live almost an hour away in our current home, we don't get a chance to pass through Swedesboro much. Just wondering if they started our building - the last one next to Hurff on South Ave?

I think Drew said they were starting your building when I was there last week...

Old 06-01-2008, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by humphries View Post

hey when i made settlement on friday they just broke ground on your lot... they dug your trenches its on its way!!

Old 06-01-2008, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJStealth View Post
Wow thats great!!! So you are totally moved in? You had your movers come the same day as your closing? I did let the place I bought the fridge know that its on the second floor but its good to hear that they got it up the stairs without touching the walls... CONGRATS... You must be excited!!! Did you notice anything wrong in the presettlement walkthrough?
yeah we are totally moved in ... we had the fridge and washer and dryer and comcast come on friday the day we settled and our furniture came on saturday ... yes just make sure they know they need straps lol... and just minor cosmetic things like glue on counters and all during the presettlement meeting nothing major
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia