U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 03:29 PM

2,000 posts, read 3,774,633 times

Advertisements

We're going this weekend for lunch. I checked out their website but they didn't have a lunch menu listed. Has anyone been there for lunch or dinner? What did you think of the place? What would you recommend?

I'm not a big fan of italian food but I'm willing to try! The in-laws made the plans. I've read some mixed reviews so far. I'm looking for some more personal reviews from cd'ers that have been.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2014, 04:47 PM

1,622 posts, read 3,798,217 times
If you are a Midwestern, non-Italian that thinks Ragu from a jar is good you will like it. The food is standard Italian. The whole "mob" theme is cheesy and a bit insulting. Not every Italian person is in the mob.

The waiters get impatient if you have questions. So if you want good service, keep your mouth shut. You won't have a bad meal but it is nothing to write home about. Nunzios is 10x better if they are willing to change plans.

Old 02-25-2014, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms_Christina View Post
If you are a Midwestern, non-Italian that thinks Ragu from a jar is good you will like it. The food is standard Italian. The whole "mob" theme is cheesy and a bit insulting. Not every Italian person is in the mob.

The waiters get impatient if you have questions. So if you want good service, keep your mouth shut. You won't have a bad meal but it is nothing to write home about. Nunzios is 10x better if they are willing to change plans.
I'm jersey born but I'm a non-italian! My husband is italian. Good to know about the waiters being impatient. My MIL is going to drive them nuts with questions. I wish I could change the plans but it's not up to me. I'm just really hoping they have a lunch menu. I looked at the dinner menu but nothing really stood out.

I did read one review that said you should expect to be there for at least 2 hours for lunch. Yikes.

Thanks for the info.

Old 02-26-2014, 11:10 AM

283 posts, read 577,443 times
I've been numerous times. The meatballs are the specialty dish and are excellent. I don't think you would need 2 hours for lunch. I've been in and out of there no longer than any other restaurant. Hope you enjoy your lunch!

Old 02-26-2014, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_567 View Post
I've been numerous times. The meatballs are the specialty dish and are excellent. I don't think you would need 2 hours for lunch. I've been in and out of there no longer than any other restaurant. Hope you enjoy your lunch!
Thanks for the info. Have you been there for lunch? Do they have a separate lunch menu?

It might be meatballs for me. Ugh. I'm just not in the mood for italian food but maybe by the weekend. We go to a local place for italian and I love their chicken alessandro. I didn't see anything like that on this place's menu. Oh well. I'm trying to keep an open mind!

Old 03-02-2014, 07:17 PM

We had lunch there today. Not too impressed. The bread was horrible. The salad was ok but nothing to get excited about. I had the meatballs and spaghetti and I was disappointed. I think they are way over priced for the quality of the food.

The servers are good. That's really the only nice thing I can think of to say. We'll be sticking with our favorite italian restaurant in Glo. Township instead.

Old 03-03-2014, 04:06 AM

414 posts, read 852,317 times
That's a shame. You and your party could have stayed on Haddon Ave and just driven a short distance to Giumarello's in Haddon Heights (Northern Italian Cuisine) for a much better meal.

I've eaten here several times and enjoyed the food

Old 03-04-2014, 11:56 AM

592 posts, read 1,366,270 times
Pasta Pomodoro in voorhees eagle point plaza is great!
And VERY Gluten-free friendly!

Old 03-05-2014, 06:21 PM

414 posts, read 852,317 times
Hmm? I have to try Pasta Pomodoro. I've passed by that place a gazillion times and live nearby. No gluten allergies, so I'll skip the Gluten free stuff on the menu though.

If you like Thai food, Bangkok City in that same plaza is outstanding, IMO. Good reviews on Yelp, too!

http://www.yelp.com/biz/bangkok-city-voorhees

Old 03-11-2014, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Winter Soldier View Post
That's a shame. You and your party could have stayed on Haddon Ave and just driven a short distance to Giumarello's in Haddon Heights (Northern Italian Cuisine) for a much better meal.

I've eaten here several times and enjoyed the food
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellmark View Post
Pasta Pomodoro in voorhees eagle point plaza is great!
And VERY Gluten-free friendly!
Thanks for both suggestions. I'll keep them in mind next time the family goes out but it won't matter! The same family member always makes the dinner plans and chooses the restaurant so we don't have much say in the matter. I KNOW we won't be going back to Kitchen Consigliere.

My husband and I will stick with Cotardo's for italian when it's just the two of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia