U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 04:50 PM

1,622 posts, read 3,800,189 times
Here is the list of the most dangerous cities in the USA in 2014 by the FBI

The Most Dangerous Cities in the United States: Top 10

Camden, New Jersey
Flint, Michigan
Detroit, Michigan
Oakland, California
St. Louis, Missouri
Cleveland, Ohio
Gary, Indiana
Newark, New Jersey
Bridgeport, Connecticut
Birmingham, Alabama
The FBI data tracks violent and property crimes.

The list is topped by Camden, New Jersey. Camden, with its some 75,000 residents is reportedly home to extreme concerns with homelessness, poverty, and drugs. About a year ago, Camden’s policing was transferred from the city of Camden to the county. Due to the city’s massive concerns, more police officers have been hired.

In the past year, 2013, Camden had 57 homicides which decreased by 10 homicides over the previous year. Also, violent crime has declined 38 percent. Yet, the statistics for the size and population of the city are too high. Specifically, the city of Camden has a crime index of 606.4 which is based on a population of 77,250 persons.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2014, 04:57 PM

3,291 posts, read 8,906,024 times
OP is obviously trolling. Don't take the bait.

Old 03-19-2014, 05:03 PM

1,622 posts, read 3,800,189 times
I know. I can't help it *sigh*

Old 03-19-2014, 05:15 PM

2,253 posts, read 2,574,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
You should probably watch this video.
OMG . I guess my American friends were still angry with me over accidentally jumping with their car over a fence into their swimming pool when they told me to go visit Camden. Thank you so much for warning me! At least I understand what Camdens 'multicultural vibe' means now.

Old 03-19-2014, 06:28 PM

8,467 posts, read 11,759,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drro View Post
The Aquarium looks nice, thanks for mentioning that. I read something on a battle ship too, would that be nice to see as well? What about golf courses and the 'multicultural vibe' my friends told me to check out?

Really. You are telling me in the richest country in the world there are 'boarded up homes , ghetto, and slumps'? No offence, but I find that very hard to believe. It is fine to say you don't find Camden very nice but now you sound like you are talking about Africa ...
Ok, now I know you're a troll for sure (the triple-digit post count initially gave a false glimmer of legitimacy).

Old 03-19-2014, 07:10 PM

414 posts, read 853,068 times
drro,

God, I hate to assume...But I DO know that there are so folks overseas who are clueless about the USA.

On a VERY serious note, do NOT even consider wasting your time coming to Camden, NJ. If you are from the Netherlands, you will stick out like a sore thumb and make you a target for a mugging or worse.

There are some nice historic places to visit in Philadelphia....try that instead.

Old 03-20-2014, 05:20 AM

2,253 posts, read 2,574,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Winter Soldier View Post
drro,

God, I hate to assume...But I DO know that there are so folks overseas who are clueless about the USA.

On a VERY serious note, do NOT even consider wasting your time coming to Camden, NJ. If you are from the Netherlands, you will stick out like a sore thumb and make you a target for a mugging or worse.
Its true, I don't know anything about specific towns or states in the US. Only that the Bronx used to be pretty bad in the past and that in Detroit many jobs were lost so people left the city. That was on the news here.

I will not go to Camden, thanks for your concern. After having watched the video I don't think the east coast is for me so I am planning to visit a South American friend instead who lives in Huntington Park near LA. At least LA is safe with all the famous and rich movie stars living there.

Old 03-21-2014, 07:16 AM

31,226 posts, read 32,202,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drro View Post
Its true, I don't know anything about specific towns or states in the US. Only that the Bronx used to be pretty bad in the past and that in Detroit many jobs were lost so people left the city. That was on the news here.

I will not go to Camden, thanks for your concern. After having watched the video I don't think the east coast is for me so I am planning to visit a South American friend instead who lives in Huntington Park near LA. At least LA is safe with all the famous and rich movie stars living there.
You seem to know about gangs and crime in LA and Baltimore. Google didn't show any results for Camden?

Old 03-21-2014, 08:11 AM

1,954 posts, read 3,675,166 times
Hahahaha either epic troll or truly clueless. I'm glad that the Netherlands apparently has such a good impression of the US.

Old 03-22-2014, 06:12 AM

198 posts, read 462,768 times
Definitely a troll although a pretty funny one. Reminds me of Borat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia