Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 03:06 PM

2,339 posts, read 2,932,579 times

Advertisements

Some American friends of mine recommended me to visit Camden, NJ when travelling to the US for sightseeing. After searching a bit on the internet, I can't find much about tourist attractions in Camden. So some questions I have:

- what are the best places in Camden to visit as a tourist?
- does Camden have nice golf courses?
- what did they mean when they said I should check out Camden's 'multi-cultural vibe'?
- would a trip to Philadelphia be a good idea? I haven't heard much good about Philadelphia to be honest.

Some thoughts on this? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2014, 03:13 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,658,721 times
If you want to look at boarded up homes , ghetto, and slumps then i guess Camden is the place to visit otherwise i would not suggest any kind of tourism there lol.

Old 03-19-2014, 03:23 PM

4,187 posts, read 11,930,625 times
There is no good reason to visit camden NJ.

Your American friends are clueless or maybe they are just pulling your legs. Philadelphia is full of history. Camden is full of..

Take a trip to philadelphia and visit Independence Visitor Center.

http://www.phlvisitorcenter.com/

Old 03-19-2014, 03:54 PM

9,340 posts, read 13,007,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sj08054 View Post
There is no good reason to visit camden NJ.

Your American friends are clueless or maybe they are just pulling your legs. Philadelphia is full of history. Camden is full of..

Take a trip to philadelphia and visit Independence Visitor Center.

Independence Visitor Center
The Aquarium is worth visiting. Beyond that, stick with Philly.

Old 03-19-2014, 03:58 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Don't feed the troll!

Although, I must admit it's a good one.

Old 03-19-2014, 04:03 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,000,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Don't feed the troll!

Although, I must admit it's a good one.
I would you assume that he is automatically a troll?. You do realize that his location says "The Netherlands". It's clearly obvious that he is not an American poster, so why would you expect him to have vast knowledge about Camden?

Last edited by gwillyfromphilly; 03-19-2014 at 04:42 PM..

Old 03-19-2014, 04:07 PM

882 posts, read 1,670,862 times
The Aquarium and the Battleship are ok, but time would be much better spent across the river in Philadelphia, or up the road in other parts of NJ.

Old 03-19-2014, 04:29 PM

2,339 posts, read 2,932,579 times
The Aquarium looks nice, thanks for mentioning that. I read something on a battle ship too, would that be nice to see as well? What about golf courses and the 'multicultural vibe' my friends told me to check out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
If you want to look at boarded up homes , ghetto, and slumps then i guess Camden is the place to visit otherwise i would not suggest any kind of tourism there lol.
Really. You are telling me in the richest country in the world there are 'boarded up homes , ghetto, and slumps'? No offence, but I find that very hard to believe. It is fine to say you don't find Camden very nice but now you sound like you are talking about Africa ...

Old 03-19-2014, 04:43 PM

1,624 posts, read 4,055,526 times
Camden is one of the most dangerous cities in the US. I have had to go into Camden for work. I have been stopped by police asking me why a white woman is in Camden. Drugs and violence are a problem. Although the aquarium and battleship have adequate security and are considered safer, the surrounding city is not.

Why would your friends recommend a dying city? Are you a troll just trying to cause trouble? The more I think about the more I think you are just trying to start something.

Old 03-19-2014, 04:46 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,000,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drro View Post
The Aquarium looks nice, thanks for mentioning that. I read something on a battle ship too, would that be nice to see as well? What about golf courses and the 'multicultural vibe' my friends told me to check out?

Really. You are telling me in the richest country in the world there are 'boarded up homes , ghetto, and slumps'? No offence, but I find that very hard to believe. It is fine to say you don't find Camden very nice but now you sound like you are talking about Africa ...
You should probably watch this video.

36 Hours in Camden, NJ - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia