U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 03:18 AM

3 posts, read 8,542 times

Advertisements

My husband got a job offer in Vineland, NJ. I am researching and I found old posts about it not being a great place to live. Any new input on this town? If we do move, where should we look to rent? We are both in out mid 20s and want to start a family
Thanks guys!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2014, 08:35 AM

414 posts, read 850,071 times
Well...Vineland, NJ is a rural town (lots of farming here ...sort of like the Midwest, only here in Southern NJ). Also, the town is a bit depressed economically. Not sure about the schools, but you can get a decent home for a reasonable price.

I've heard that Vineland also has the last remaining Drive-In Theater in NJ, so if you a fan of these, you'll be in heaven! lol

On a serious note, If you're ok with rural area, possibly so-so schools, an area definitely not in synch with the lifestyles of most people in their 20's (This is the furthest thing from a hip or happening town), then maybe it'll be ok for you.

I would advise looking elsewhere for a place to buy a home though. Hubby can always commute to Vineland.

Where are you moving from?

Old 04-13-2014, 02:24 AM

3 posts, read 8,542 times
We are originally from Spain, but have been living in bush Alaska this year. What nearby towns should we look into? We are planning on renting for a while till we decide where we want to settle down. I´m a little worried about... gang activity and shootings and robbery. And if we can be closer to a more ¨happening town¨ while still a short drive from vineland, it would be more bareabel. THANK YOU for your answer!!

Old 04-13-2014, 06:24 AM

31,149 posts, read 32,086,046 times
I wouldn't live in downtown Vineland, Millville or Bridgeton. There are crime and gang issues. That said, you can live outside of town quite comfortably and with little fear. Eastern Vineland is very middle class. I'd look for rentals in Franklinville, Hammonton or Mays Landing.

Old 04-13-2014, 09:31 AM

Perhaps you could also look at Buena Vista Township, NJ which is only about a 20 minute drive Northwest of Vineland, NJ.

Check this out also, it's a few years old, but there's a lot of good information here from folks who live or lived in Vineland. I've never lived there nor would I ever consider it for many reasons:

//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...land-nj-2.html

Best of luck with your move!

Old 04-13-2014, 10:18 AM

5,501 posts, read 5,946,489 times
I would look around Mays Landing. I would not consider starting my family in Vineland for several reasons.

Old 04-13-2014, 02:53 PM

8,572 posts, read 12,090,100 times
I would recommend East Vineland, Franklin Township, or Buena Vista.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:06 AM

31,149 posts, read 32,086,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Winter Soldier View Post
Perhaps you could also look at Buena Vista Township, NJ which is only about a 20 minute drive Northwest of Vineland, NJ.

Check this out also, it's a few years old, but there's a lot of good information here from folks who live or lived in Vineland. I've never lived there nor would I ever consider it for many reasons:

//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...land-nj-2.html

Best of luck with your move!
Well, Buena is just northeast of Vineland, but it's on the map; they'll find it.

It's too bad that jknic hasn't posted since last year. I'm sure he knows the area better than we do.

Upper Deerfield Township is another place that I would consider. It's semi-rural and pretty quiet. I just don't think that there would be many homes for rent in that area. I really don't know.

Old 04-14-2014, 06:30 PM

Default Opps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Well, Buena is just northeast of Vineland, but it's on the map; they'll find it.

It's too bad that jknic hasn't posted since last year. I'm sure he knows the area better than we do.

Upper Deerfield Township is another place that I would consider. It's semi-rural and pretty quiet. I just don't think that there would be many homes for rent in that area. I really don't know.

Opps...meant Northeast , NOT Northwest. I was looking at a Google Map when I posted that too...oh well.

Old 04-15-2014, 07:39 AM

3,770 posts, read 3,601,680 times
Upper Pittsgrove is another town I would look into.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia