U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2007, 07:26 PM

2 posts, read 10,738 times

Advertisements

Thinking of moving from NY to either D.R. Horton 55+ community in Glassboro or KHov 55+ in Millville. Both communities look great but we are not familiar with the area. Any opinions on either of these communities would be appreciated?? Thanks
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2007, 09:00 AM

10,662 posts, read 15,149,247 times
I recently heard that they were building a motor speedway in Millville. Location to home would be utmost importance If I was looking down there.

Old 12-09-2007, 02:03 PM

604 posts, read 2,795,229 times
Default Millville racetrack

This is what is underconstruction in Millville. I would stay away from the airport as the tracks are being built there. The track and associated hotels/ restaurants will be bringing about 1,500 jobs to Millville.
Good for some but not so good for those close to the airport/racetracks.

Thunderbolt Raceway - New Jersey Motorsports Park

E

Old 12-19-2007, 10:18 AM

1 posts, read 5,377 times
Default Options in South Jersey

Hi:

Just to let you know, there are other 55+ communities in the Vineland Millville area. Unfortunately, some of these are smaller with limited adverting budgets but offer a more personal touch with the charm of a small community within a community.
I am aware of a pretty nice units in Millville that closer to Vineland but with ready access, mile +/- to the new shopping mall & stores in Millville & Vineland.
One particular community is Holly Hills Active Adult Community in Millville. It is a 55+, age restricted community in Southern New Jersey.
I believe the website is www.HomeinSouthJersey.com (http://www.HomeinSouthJersey.com - broken link)

The Lightning Racetrack is being built out by the existing airport south of the City of Millville. There is a lot of housing developments going on in that area
I would be concerned only because I have been to Englishtown and it is definitly loud. I would like to believe that it has been taken into account but I anticipate the racetrack is going to be signifcantly larger with wood etc to buffer the noise. An airport has been there for years and I have not heard much about the noise.

Also, try the Millville Chamber of Commerce, they also have a nice website.
Good Luck.

Old 12-25-2007, 02:47 PM

2 posts, read 10,738 times
Thank you so much for our Millville responses . We will certainly check your suggestions. Thank you again.

Old 12-25-2007, 06:08 PM

604 posts, read 2,795,229 times
The noise level at the Millville tracks(there will be two) will be no where as loud as what comes from the track at Englishtown 5000HP dragsters at Englishtown vs max 800hp road race cars at Millville.
I have spoken to one of the principals at Millville and he told me they guaranteed the local officials that the sound level at the track would not exceed 85db 1 mile from the track. I have to tell you I attend these track events all the time and 85 db is not very loud but it can be very annoying if you live within one mile of the track where the db level will be much higher.
I am contemplating a move to be near the track since I will use it frequently and I would not move within five miles of the track and I actually like the sound of race engines.

It won't be as loud as a jetport but It definately will bother some.

E
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia