Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 06:00 PM

1,247 posts, read 3,025,570 times

Advertisements

I have never been to one of these stores. A friend of mine visited one once saying the food is all organic, but has a cool food court that makes it worth it. I've passed the one on Rt. 1 in the WWP area many times, but never went in.

My guess is that it is going on this lot by Rt 27 and Middlesex Ave where it is fenced up?

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.5413...SATg!2e0?hl=en

Now that the Fresh Grocer in New Brunswick is closed, maybe a Trader Joe's can go there, or possibly at the old Pathmark on Rt 1 in North Brunswick which is still empty.

Edit: Moderators, please move this to the regular NJ forum, I accidentally posted it in the Philly burbs forum!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2014, 11:03 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,853,319 times
Metuchen and Newark are getting a Whole Foods interesting... That lot is rather small...maybe it will be in another location?

Old 05-22-2014, 02:04 AM

1,221 posts, read 2,111,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Metuchen and Newark are getting a Whole Foods interesting... That lot is rather small...maybe it will be in another location?
Could be taking that run-down strip mall occupying the next lot South as well.

Old 05-22-2014, 04:52 AM

1,624 posts, read 4,055,526 times
Whole Foods is not ALL organic but they do have a large selection. The food court is nice.

Old 05-22-2014, 07:09 AM

19,128 posts, read 25,331,967 times
I'm very curious as to what information the OP has that leads him to believe a Whole Foods store will be placed in Metuchen.
On the Whole Foods website, the following NJ locations are listed as being "under development":

New Jersey - Cherry Hill
New Jersey - Clark
New Jersey - Closter
New Jersey - Marlboro
New Jersey - Morristown
New Jersey - Newark
New Jersey - Parsippany
New Jersey - Wall

It is obvious that the list is a tiny bit outdated, as the Marlboro store actually opened yesterday, but...if there really is an intent to open a store in Metuchen any time in the near future, I would think that it would be listed by the company.

On what are you basing your statement, HubCityMadman?

Old 05-22-2014, 07:33 AM

512 posts, read 1,018,462 times
Metuchen is in NNJ stop this thread or move it now.

Old 05-22-2014, 07:52 AM

1,247 posts, read 3,025,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
I'm very curious as to what information the OP has that leads him to believe a Whole Foods store will be placed in Metuchen.
On the Whole Foods website, the following NJ locations are listed as being "under development":

New Jersey - Cherry Hill
New Jersey - Clark
New Jersey - Closter
New Jersey - Marlboro
New Jersey - Morristown
New Jersey - Newark
New Jersey - Parsippany
New Jersey - Wall

It is obvious that the list is a tiny bit outdated, as the Marlboro store actually opened yesterday, but...if there really is an intent to open a store in Metuchen any time in the near future, I would think that it would be listed by the company.

On what are you basing your statement, HubCityMadman?

Whole Foods Market announces nine new store leases - Whole Foods Market Newsroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinsj View Post
Metuchen is in NNJ stop this thread or move it now.
I know. I put in the edit on the first post, I accidentally posted it here, but cannot figure out how to move it. If a moderator or someone else can?

Old 05-22-2014, 08:31 AM

19,128 posts, read 25,331,967 times
Okay!
That is excellent news, as I will be able to do my Whole Foods shopping in Metuchen in conjunction with going to Costco in Edison! However, I doubt if the store will be open for...many months to come.

Old 05-22-2014, 11:30 AM

1,624 posts, read 4,055,526 times
Does it really matter if the thread is moved?

Old 05-22-2014, 11:53 AM

382 posts, read 721,873 times
I'm excited about this (although, aspiring foodie that I am, I don't know that this will be my main grocery store --- there's a reason it's called "Whole Paycheck"!)

But it should hopefully improve the downtown area. I think the population there can support it, and I don't see any reason why Metuchen, a nice community with a walkable downtown (rare enough in NJ), shouldn't be able to follow a model like Westfield or Red Bank, if on a smaller scale.

My main concern (besides making sure LaRosa's Pizza isn't displaced entirely) is the question of traffic, which is already a nightmare in these parts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia