Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2014, 02:56 PM

3 posts, read 2,960 times

Advertisements

Im planning to move to Mt. Laurel, NJ. Moving from Detroit, Michigan.

Where are you coming from? detroit michigan Why are you moving? relocation Where will you be working ? If NYC, what part of NYC? working at MT laurel, new jersey

Will you buy or rent? rent What is your budget ? 1500$ What kind of place are you looking for ? any near by

Will anyone (spouse, children, pets) be moving with you ? spouse and children Do you need/want good public schools? good schools either public or charter

Briefly describe the kind of neighborhood you'd like to live in (examples: families with young children, young, mature, artsy, diverse, safe, close-knit, block parties, etc) families with young children

List three things that are important to you in order of importance.(examples: nightlife, outdoor activities, rural/urban, safety, downtown area, charming, new construction, proximity to XYZ, family oriented, easy parking, short commute, etc)familiy oriented, safety and short commute

I would like to know more about expenses ranges in NJ like
rent
Car insurance
utilities
Home expense
Health insurance for 2 adult 2 kids etc

Pls let me know whether 50$ per hour will be sufficient to save some money after above expenses
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2014, 06:53 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,802,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksanjeev View Post
Pls let me know whether 50$ per hour will be sufficient to save some money after above expenses
$100,000/year?
I'd say so especially in southern NJ.

Old 06-01-2014, 08:50 PM

3 posts, read 2,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ieee488 View Post
$100,000/year?
I'd say so especially in southern NJ.
What you mean it is good or bad

Old 06-02-2014, 11:54 AM

1,624 posts, read 4,043,672 times
100,000 will be enough to live comfortable but not rolling in dough. While South NJ isn't as expensive as North Jersey we still have a very high cost of living here in the garden state. Mt laurel is a nice area, not too snobbish, not too expensive. Public schools are good. There is also a lot of Catholic schools and the Moorestown Friends School if you are looking for private. Freinds school is awesome but my senior year my tuition was $25k.

Car insurance: About $2000/year
utilities: $150-$300/month
Home expense: Rent is about $1700+ for 3 bedroom houses, less for townhouses or apartments. To buy in Mt laurel, you are looking at $250K+ for 3 bedrooms average.
Health insurance for 2 adult 2 kids etc: If your company offers insurance take it. We pay $200/month out of our paycheck for really good insurance, $10 copays, $10 scrips, no referrals needed etc... The same benefits independently is about $1900 a month. (we did this for 6 months til hubby went back to working for a corporation)

Old 06-02-2014, 01:08 PM

592 posts, read 1,473,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksanjeev View Post
Im planning to move to Mt. Laurel, NJ. Moving from Detroit, Michigan.

Where are you coming from? detroit michigan Why are you moving? relocation Where will you be working ? If NYC, what part of NYC? working at MT laurel, new jersey
umm.. I dont get the NYC and Mt Laurel connection

Mt Laurel is a suburb of Philadelphia... less than 20 miles away.
Mt laurel to NYC is over 100.

Old 06-02-2014, 01:41 PM

1,624 posts, read 4,043,672 times
I think she just cut and paste the relocation questionnaire from the other forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia