Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2014, 09:36 PM

13 posts, read 59,999 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I got a job in Comcast Center in Philadelphia downtown and after doing some research I am thinking to rent in Cherry Hill. I am looking for apartment communities with good indian population (south indians would be great). Also I have a 3 year old son for whom I am looking for a preschool. My wife doesn't drive so I would want to stay near to a preschool with walkable distance from a apartment community or with easy bus commute.
Please help me with the following points.
1. I can afford 1400-2000 per month for an apartment. I prefer apartments where some indian families rent. Which apartments communities are great to live?
Are there apartment communities that offer shuttle service to train station? Or walkable to train station?
2. Which pre-school is nearer to train station? Are there any pre-schools that offer transportation service?
3. Where do most indian kids go to day care / pre-school? I hear good reviews about Goddard school / Cherry Hill montessori school. How are they?

I appreciate your time to help me with the answers.

Thanks,
Shan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2014, 05:11 PM

882 posts, read 1,670,353 times
Taking the NJtransit train from Cherry Hill to Philly is tough...the Atlantic City line is not geared towards commuters, so the train times don't usually work for most people. There are apartments adjacent to the Garden State Pavilions which are near to the Cherry Hill train station.

You can also take the Patco from Cherry Hill (Woodcrest station). This station is mostly geared towards cars, so I don't think there's much within walking distance. Bus lines might be a possibility too. Your price range should be fine for most of Cherry Hill

Cherry Hill does have an Indian community, and is more diverse than much of South Jersey. The communities that are within walking distance (Collingswood, Westmont, and Haddonfield) don't have many Indians.

Old 09-01-2014, 06:50 PM

13 posts, read 59,999 times
Thanks NJhighlands87.

Old 09-03-2014, 01:27 PM

186 posts, read 427,457 times
If you go the Patco route you could also try something in the vicinity of Ashland...maybe look for a rental house? NJ Transit is fine for commuting if you keep to a pretty regular schedule, but at Comcast center you will be closest to the Patco station. NJ Transit only stops at 30th street station, which would be a good walk for you. That said, I see lots of people who do it.

Old 01-03-2015, 01:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,976 times
Did you find any good place and commuting to Comcast office? I am also moving to this office this month end. Please suggest if you found any good neighborhood to live and commute.

Old 04-13-2017, 10:14 PM

11 posts, read 7,627 times
Hi Guys,

i would be joining comcast pretty soon and was gearing more towards Cherry Hill. where did ya all end up in terms of housing and what works best if once has to commute daily to comcast city centre?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia