U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2014, 10:34 AM

4 posts, read 5,747 times

Advertisements

My husband's company is relocating to Pitman/Sewell NJ. We live in Bergen County and we are trying to decide if we are going to relocate.

Our 2 children are in college so school districts are not a factor except for resale purposes. We have driven all over and we are considering new construction. The two towns we've looked at the most are Woolwich & Mullica Hill but we are completely open to any suggestions.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2014, 04:43 PM

18 posts, read 28,665 times
Woolwich and Mullica Hill would be great for new construction, although traffic along Rt. 322 and Rt. 45 can be horrendous in the afternoons, and especially in the summertime. Washington Twp. has a good stock of new construction homes, is closer to Sewell/Pitman, and has much better traffic than the mess by Mullica Hill. Mantua Twp. would also be an area with a decent amount of new construction, better traffic, and better access to Philly via Rt. 45/I-295, though it could be more difficult to get to Sewell/Pitman than Washington Twp. If you want to look at any existing construction, Wenonah/Woodbury Heights and Pitman (obviously) all are great, older housing towns that are all very close to Sewell/Pitman.

Old 09-14-2014, 05:01 PM

Thank you for the response. We initially looked at Sicklerville but everyone told us not to buy there due to the poor quality of the schools. We also looked in Williamstown but it seems far from the NJ Turnpike which I need for commuting.

Old 09-14-2014, 07:12 PM

7,685 posts, read 5,696,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kedler View Post
Thank you for the response. We initially looked at Sicklerville but everyone told us not to buy there due to the poor quality of the schools. We also looked in Williamstown but it seems far from the NJ Turnpike which I need for commuting.
Sicklerville in Winslow Township which has not so good schools, Sicklerville in Gloucester and Washington Township has better schools and the better areas of this town. So if you went into Winslow Township in Sicklerville which is next to Williamstown and people said to you about the poor quality of the schools, they're correct plus the crime factor.

Old 09-14-2014, 08:40 PM

Yes, we were looking at a home that was Sicklerville but in Winslow Township. I was told it was the wrong side of Cross Keys Rd.

We also looked in Williamstown NJ but someone told us the resale there wasn't great.

Old 09-15-2014, 06:56 AM

7,685 posts, read 5,696,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kedler View Post
Yes, we were looking at a home that was Sicklerville but in Winslow Township. I was told it was the wrong side of Cross Keys Rd.

We also looked in Williamstown NJ but someone told us the resale there wasn't great.
I live on the "better side" of Cross Keys Road.

We had opportunities to initially purchase in Winslow Township but like you mentioned resale is important especially when the purchase is for a 3 - 4 bedroom home imo.

I relocated my immediate family here from SE Bergen County 2 plus years ago as they were $ bleeding up there.

Old 09-15-2014, 09:25 AM

14 posts, read 11,564 times
We are also looking at Woolwich! We have friends that live there and it is beautiful! Good luck

Old 09-15-2014, 09:42 AM

283 posts, read 577,321 times
To the OP, if you don't have kids, you may want to be careful in districts like Swedesboro/Woolwich, where they are building schools to account for a growing student base. Good schools are desirable for buyers, but be prepared for your taxes to skyrocket, especially on new construction, which will be assessed higher. You may want to pick a safe town that has less desireable schools where the town isn't bonding for new schools (e.g. Glassboro). You may find the taxes more stable in the long-term. Just food for thought as you continue in your search! Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia