U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2014, 10:17 AM

19 posts, read 28,161 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I would like to know about the Cherry Hill area. My office would likely be near the Woodcrest Rd zip 08003. Are there any good apartments close to this location ? Also what is the approx rental per month ? In terms of transportation, how is this area? Is there any public transport available to commute for the initial few days until I get settled and have a vehicle. Appreciate your inputs and hoping to hear back.

Regards
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 10:32 AM

34 posts, read 59,820 times
Hi, I may be able to help! your salary is duable in Cherry Hill if you stick to a budget. Apartments that I know of in the 08003 area are The Woods, The Woods 11 and Chanticleer. The Woods 11 is offering 2br. apartment for $1350 but you may want to call to make sure. The area you are looking into does have the Patco train station to get into Philly and other places. I'm not sure about a bus station to take you to work. You would have to check into NJ transit. There is a Shoprite grocery store near there for your shopping needs. Also the Voorhees Town Center is off of Burnt Mill rd. near there as well. It is a small mall with places to eat and shop. You will need transportation for those places. A sports area for kids is off of Evesham rd. which will be close to you. The schools in Cherry Hill east are very good. Beck Middle School and Cherry Hill East High are top rated schools as well as the elementary schools. There is a nice Pre School on the corner of Burnt Mill Rd. It belongs to the Catholic church I believe. You will be very close to Highway 295 for traveling. Traffic can be a mess during rush hour! As far as utilities go most apartments have you pay gas/elec, water, cable. Depending on how much your family uses it could be 50 a month for water, gas is higher in winter for heating maybe 100 and elec. higher in summer for air could be 150 again depending on what you use. Cable in your area could be Comcast, Fios or Direct TV. Depending on what you sign up for look for deals. I use Cure auto insurance which I think is pretty fair prices. I hope this helps!

Old 10-29-2014, 09:13 AM

Truly appreciate your response on the above. A few other questions I have. I had a GA drivers license that recently expired in Sept, I am currently out of the country (i.e. left US in 2012), and now planning to move back to NJ. Any idea if I have to take the knowledge/driving test all over again to get the NJ license, or I can get this without the test (i.e. just by handing over my previous expired GA license). Also, initially I am planning to probably go for a 1br apartment. what is the approx rental for a 1bhk in this zip code ?

Does anyone know if there's a bus service in this area ? Coz for the initial few days until I get fully settled in this area I will probably need transportation from my apartment to office.. or any apartments really close or walkable distance from the Woodcrest Rd, Cherry Hill, 08003.

Old 10-31-2014, 07:20 AM

34 posts, read 59,820 times
the closest apartments that I know of are on Burnt Mill Rd. which is not to far from Woodcrest rd. Maybe 2 miles. They are called Burnt Mill Apartments in Voorhees. I believe they are all 1 br. not sure on price you would have to call. Most apartments will not allow 3 people in a one bedroom. You will have to call. Its a small complex. As far as bus station look up NJ transit. Not sure if buses run down Burnt Mill rd. You will have to take the NJ drivers test over again because your license is expired. Go on NJ motor vehicle to see all that you would need. Its on a points system for the identification you will have to have. Its a real pain! You will need your SS card, old drivers license, birth certificate, lease, mail that comes to your place ect. Look it up.

Old 11-09-2014, 06:33 PM

Would it be a good idea to get my license renewed in GA (since an expired license can be renewed in GA for upto 2 years) & then land up in NJ ? That way a transfer of license would not be a problem I guess, i.e. would not have to take the tests all over again. Appreciate any inputs..

Any idea if the Voorhees district is connected by the NJ transit to Woodcrest Rd. We are narrowing down on some apartments there, like Echelon Glen, Village, etc. Also heard its a good schooling district as we have a 4 yr old.

Thanks & Regards
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia