U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 02:22 PM

31,223 posts, read 32,186,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Well, ward, S Klein did not open in 1960.
Does this remind you of some old threads?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2015, 03:23 PM

23,806 posts, read 32,199,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Does this remind you of some old threads?
Yes indeedy-do. He/she is doing it in PA threads & I found one on the Delaware board too.

Old 03-30-2015, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownewave View Post
Then when was it? 1966? I do admit I mistakenly assumed the S Klein opened the same year as the nearby Barclay A&P, which was a Drug Emporium after A&P and now is an Asian supermarket.
Ward/monica, Barclay shopping Center is on the other side of town. I don't give a rip what year S Klein built that store, but it was after 1964. I have something to do besides play musical stores with you.

Old 04-05-2015, 03:54 AM

983 posts, read 2,647,782 times
I REALLLLLY wish they would put a Trader Joe's at the old Cherry Hill Bottom Dollar location. Can you imagine how much business that store would get? We already have a decent Aldi in Maple Shade, which is close enough, but it's a hike for Cherry Hill folks to get to the Marlton Trader Joe's.

Old 04-05-2015, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassygirl18 View Post
I REALLLLLY wish they would put a Trader Joe's at the old Cherry Hill Bottom Dollar location. Can you imagine how much business that store would get? We already have a decent Aldi in Maple Shade, which is close enough, but it's a hike for Cherry Hill folks to get to the Marlton Trader Joe's.
I used to drive to the Delaware Trader Joe's because I hated the parking lot in Marlton that much.

Old 04-05-2015, 06:40 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,261,292 times
Quote:
I used to drive to the Delaware Trader Joe's because I hated the parking lot in Marlton that much.
Some of the ones in PA were closer you know... Media (though the parking there can really suck) and Ardmore come to mind.

Old 04-05-2015, 09:54 PM

122 posts, read 162,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassygirl18 View Post
I'd think a Trader Joes in Cherry Hill could be popular, but I'm not sure of the best space to accommodate the chain at the moment.

The old Pathmark space is still open but that space has a downscale element and isn't as visible. But a center's facade can change and people tend to find out where things are located generally by word of mouth.

There is the old I Goldberg space across the new Whole Foods Market, where a Mandarin Inn and Sleepy's closed. Sleepy's moved to Mattress Giant's space.

That area is nicer,near to 70 and more upscale shopping choices, but I don't think that combined two unit space is large enough. But I'm curious what could go in this relatively decent space given it's across the Whole Foods on Kings Highway. Maybe a few more restaurants.

This is a new article on CH retail space, but doesn't give enough info:
http://www.philly.com/philly/busines...evelopers.html

Quote:
If one can, it's better to come in from the Starbucks side and not park actually in the spaces very close to the Trader Joes store, but close enough where one crosses the pedestrian walk.

The south end of the plaza was designed too close to Route 73. If one is driving on 73 N, coming up from Voorhees for example, even with a right turn signal on and going slowly, it requires a relatively sharp turn into the shopping center,which can be bad if there are cars behind that just want to keep a high speed. There are also not enough parking spaces and too many cars coming in/out in a tight space. That maybe fine for tenants like Sleepy's or Bombay Company (that used to be there before), but for a Trader Joes, it's too tight spaced.

Last edited by marltonguy; 04-05-2015 at 10:41 PM..

Old 04-05-2015, 10:39 PM

122 posts, read 162,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownewave View Post
Some of the ones in PA were closer you know... Media (though the parking there can really suck) and Ardmore come to mind.
Some that I know in Burlington end up going to the Princeton Trader Joes also.

Old 04-05-2015, 11:18 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,261,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marltonguy View Post
Some that I know in Burlington end up going to the Princeton Trader Joes also.
Princeton (well not really Princeton but its suburbs) also has the biggest Whole Foods in the country, which used to be a Pathmark. It isn't THAT big of a Whole Foods, but is remarkable considering a number of Whole Foods, such as the one in Wynnewood PA (right outside Philly but in a rich area) are very small, about the size of a Trader Joe's or maybe a drugstore.

Anyway, as for that neck of "Princeton", one can tell the area is very rich because Marketfair Mall has no traditional department store anchors. One anchor is a Barnes & Noble which sets the mood for the mall near what perhaps is the nation's most prestigious college.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:28 AM

9 posts, read 23,544 times
The Whole Foods in Princeton is only larger than most because it took over an existing Pathmark foot[print. I think the largest one in the country is in Austin, Texas.

As for Trader Joe's; ideally the best spot for it in Cherry Hill is adjacent to the Mall. They should place it right where the closed Bottom Dollar store is and let it serve as an anchor. With the addition of Red Robin, the entire Plaza needs a facelift with the amount of tenants it has.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia