U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2014, 08:35 AM

1,239 posts, read 1,908,938 times

Advertisements

Heading down to the Cherry Hill area for 5-6 days between Christmas and New Years. My MIL has tasked me with finding things to do with the boys....they are 4 and 6. Any special Christmas attractions? We will have a car, so anything within an hour or so would be fine.

Is NYE at Sesame Place worth it? Do we try to tackle driving in to Philly for the Mummers Day Parade? Any fun light displays?

Thanks for your help.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2014, 10:48 AM

4,187 posts, read 11,179,822 times
About 1 hour drive. Longwood garden may be worth a trip

Old 11-19-2014, 01:46 PM

I think we will do Longwood. My inlaws are members and really enjoy it there. I just need to convince them to stay until it's dark so we can see the light display. Usually they have us drive over, spend 30 minutes walking around, stop to have lunch, walk around for 30 more minutes, then she's bored and wants to leave....

Old 11-20-2014, 06:10 AM
MYP

19 posts, read 49,514 times
This is a great article with some details on Philadelphia Christmas staples - ice skating, light shows (Dicken's Village at Macy's worth mentioning, too), Reading Terminal Market, etc.: The 15 Must-See Holiday Attractions in Philadelphia in 2014 — Visit Philadelphia — visitphilly.com Not to mention the historic tours you can take in the city, and the museums!

I personally think Sesame NYE is adorable. Crowded and pricey, but cute. Haddonfield also has a "First Night" celebration closer to home. First Night Haddonfield - New Years Fun for Everyone

Lancaster is also a fun, short trip. Cape May Christmas is supposed to be beautiful too. There is really SO much in South Jersey and surrounding areas, you are sure to have a great time. Enjoy!

Old 11-20-2014, 07:57 AM

296 posts, read 294,884 times
Too bad it's AFTER Christmas, or you could do the Living Nativity:

Mount Laurel Living Nativity | Fellowship Community Church

We're not members of this Church, but we enjoy taking the kids here every year. They get hundreds of visitors each night they do this.

Old 11-20-2014, 08:24 AM
MYP

Good one, E-Z-B, heard that is great. How about this at the Adventure Aquarium in Camden: Christmas Celebration | Adventure Aquarium | Camden, NJ

Old 11-20-2014, 08:25 AM
MYP

This ice skating looks cute: Winterfest Grand Opening | Camden County, NJ

Old 11-20-2014, 11:26 AM

My FIL is going thru chemo and is very sensitive to cold right now...so no ice skating. Not even sure if Sesame Place will work, but he is interested in it. Off to check the Haddonfield link.

And I would love to see the living nativity! Maybe another year we can go down before Christmas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
View detailed profiles of: