U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2015, 08:22 AM

592 posts, read 1,366,752 times

Advertisements

A lot of people love this store, that its much more than other Arts and Craft stores.
And while there is one in Vineland, this seems to be the first in the immediate Philly Metro area.

But it has some controversy associated with it, including last year when they took their Corporate Christian beliefs to the Supreme Court.

Read:

Hobby Lobby coming to Cross Keys – Gloucester Township | 42 Free Way
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2015, 12:36 PM

3,771 posts, read 3,617,105 times
The store is in Millville, on N. 2nd Street.

Old 01-05-2015, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriNJ View Post
The store is in Millville, on N. 2nd Street.
Doh! Thanks.
Updated

Old 01-06-2015, 10:00 AM

23,806 posts, read 32,199,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellmark View Post
A lot of people love this store, that its much more than other Arts and Craft stores.
And while there is one in Vineland, this seems to be the first in the immediate Philly Metro area.

But it has some controversy associated with it, including last year when they took their Corporate Christian beliefs to the Supreme Court.

Read:

Hobby Lobby coming to Cross Keys – Gloucester Township | 42 Free Way
I don't understand why they are not going into Logan, although this is a better choice than Cherry Hill, by far.

They have a ton of cheap furniture. Craft stuff plays 2nd fiddle to cheap furniture & decorative pieces. The real element of weirdness in these stores is the Jesus loves you merchandise throughout the stores. I'm talking about a creepy commercialization of the owner's religious beliefs to the exclusion of all other religious beliefs. I'm talking about Jesus loves you candy bars, etc., etc.

Overall, they do have some stuff that AC Moore doesn't have, but how well will they do in areas where the customer base includes many non-christian religions? Sunday is the busiest day in the craft stores in South Jersey. They are closed. Then there's the owner's lawsuit concerning birth control. . .

Old 01-06-2015, 10:18 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 17,260,140 times
Hobby Lobby is no big deal, we have one here in Golf Central NC and they sell more Chinese crap than even Walmart.
I can buy American made ammo in Walmart. If it's ever in stock.

Old 01-06-2015, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
I don't understand why they are not going into Logan, although this is a better choice than Cherry Hill, by far.
Not sure if you get up that way, but that Cross Keys area is BOOMING. Retailers caught on to all of the new housing that went up in the last 15 yrs or so, and the young mostly well paid people paying the houses. Washington Twp, Williamstown, Gloucester Twp.. well as I said, its booming,

And the new Gloucester Township Outlet Mall opens this summer, which will bring more into the area.

So there were rumors going through Deptford just a few months ago that Hobby Lobby was coming to Deptford, and then this Cross Keys store popped up. Makes me think there was some truth to the Deptford location (that they were at least inquiriing) but chose Gloucester Twp instead.

Gloucester Twp stores have me a little worried about my new town of Deptford!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Hobby Lobby is no big deal, we have one here in Golf Central NC and they sell more Chinese crap than even Walmart.
I can buy American made ammo in Walmart. If it's ever in stock.
I've never been in one (yet) and thought it was just another craft store, but apparently women really love the place.

The FB page for the website (42Freeway) had only 600 members, and that Hobby Lobby story was shared 85 times. That means 85 people liked the news of the new store enough that they shared it with their friends.... surprised the heck out of me, in that normally no one even bothers to comment let alone share it so all their friends can see
In the end 13,000 FB people saw that story and I picked up over 100 new "likes"
Anyway, just giving all that info because apparently people are REALLY excited by this.

Last edited by bellmark; 01-06-2015 at 11:25 AM..

Old 01-06-2015, 09:12 PM

23,806 posts, read 32,199,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellmark View Post
Not sure if you get up that way, but that Cross Keys area is BOOMING. Retailers caught on to all of the new housing that went up in the last 15 yrs or so, and the young mostly well paid people paying the houses. Washington Twp, Williamstown, Gloucester Twp.. well as I said, its booming,

And the new Gloucester Township Outlet Mall opens this summer, which will bring more into the area.

So there were rumors going through Deptford just a few months ago that Hobby Lobby was coming to Deptford, and then this Cross Keys store popped up. Makes me think there was some truth to the Deptford location (that they were at least inquiriing) but chose Gloucester Twp instead.

Gloucester Twp stores have me a little worried about my new town of Deptford!

I've never been in one (yet) and thought it was just another craft store, but apparently women really love the place.

The FB page for the website (42Freeway) had only 600 members, and that Hobby Lobby story was shared 85 times. That means 85 people liked the news of the new store enough that they shared it with their friends.... surprised the heck out of me, in that normally no one even bothers to comment let alone share it so all their friends can see
In the end 13,000 FB people saw that story and I picked up over 100 new "likes"
Anyway, just giving all that info because apparently people are REALLY excited by this.
As a female, I can tell you that evangelicals love Hobby Lobby. That's what the owner is & that's who they cater to. The further south they go in South Jersey the better their audience will be. I look at Hobby Lobby as a source for things that AC Moore doesn't have. I hate Michael's, so Hobby Lobby is an alternative. However, the first time that I went into one I found the religious commercialization to be disgusting. A lot of people are not going to get over it. They sell online from their website. Some people might prefer that to going into the store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia