Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2015, 11:30 AM

7 posts, read 376,576 times

Advertisements

So... after a whole day of paying tolls I decide that to take off my ez pass cause I was about to park and didnt want my windshield to get broken cause of some stupid ez pasS.

When I pulled out I forgot that the ez pas was not mounted and went through a toll gate . . The sign read : "no pass ok to pass". Will I still get a violation? Or since my license plate is registered to the account will it be okay since its a first time mistake ? Kicking myself in the head right now...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2015, 01:23 PM

7 posts, read 129,427 times
You will probably receive an invoice/violation in the mail but all you have to do is call them and explain and they will adjust it for you so that you will not have to pay. It has happened to many people so don't worry. As long as your E-Z pass is within good standing you will be fine. If it worries you contact the E-Z pass service center 877-762-7824 and explain what happened, they will be able to help. Hope this helps.

Old 04-05-2015, 03:44 AM

bump

Old 04-06-2015, 07:34 AM

4,187 posts, read 11,923,904 times
In most cases you will be fine as you do have an E-z pass account. Just make sure your car license plate is correct on your account. Chances are, the computer system will match up your plate number from what the camera reads. This is what the system does when your transponder isn't communication correctly with the toll booth.

Keep an eye on your actively on the EZ pass account online, you should see the missing toll. If not, wait for the violation in the mail and there will be instructions.

Old 04-06-2015, 08:40 AM

Do you think they'll waive the violation fee?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj08054 View Post
In most cases you will be fine as you do have an E-z pass account. Just make sure your car license plate is correct on your account. Chances are, the computer system will match up your plate number from what the camera reads. This is what the system does when your transponder isn't communication correctly with the toll booth.

Keep an eye on your actively on the EZ pass account online, you should see the missing toll. If not, wait for the violation in the mail and there will be instructions.

Old 04-06-2015, 10:28 AM

1,624 posts, read 4,053,067 times
Kinda same thing happened to me. The pass was mounted but it was getting old and the sensor at the toll on the AC expressway didn't pick it up. We got a letter and a bill with a fine. I just called them they saw I had plenty of money on the account and manually paid it for me. They dropped the penalty fee. I did have to pay for a new transponder ($25 I think). Neighbors were mad on my behalf saying I should not have had to pay a replacement fee. But really, it was not such a big deal that I was going to stress about it.

Old 04-06-2015, 06:34 PM

814 posts, read 2,042,667 times
i have both my vehicles linked to one ezpass account on the seldom occasions i have forgot to transfer to my other vehicle. i still have went through ezpass lanes without my transponder. I made sure to link both of my license plates to the ezpass. when i checked my ezpass account they had charged me for the tolls anyway. i never received anything in the mail ever when the license plate was linked to my ezpass account. however i did purchase my ezpass in NJ and my "violations" were in NJ too. I did receive a ezpass toll violation from Maryland once and just sent in the required proof that i had a active/posititve balance ezpass account at the time of the infraction. Maryland deducted the toll from my ezpass account and did not charge anything extra besides the $4 cost of the toll.

Old 04-07-2015, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nifeblade View Post
Do you think they'll waive the violation fee?
If the vehicle tag is registered to an E-Z pass account, chances are you will never even see a fine.

I had the opposite happened to me a long time ago. Had E-Z pass transponder in the car but it wasn't reading correctly at the toll boot but I got quite a few violations each month in the mail because the tag on my car was incorrectly registered.

Old 12-30-2015, 08:47 PM

17 posts, read 133,289 times
Thumbs up No Worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj08054 View Post
If the vehicle tag is registered to an E-Z pass account, chances are you will never even see a fine.

I had the opposite happened to me a long time ago. Had E-Z pass transponder in the car but it wasn't reading correctly at the toll boot but I got quite a few violations each month in the mail because the tag on my car was incorrectly registered.
This happened to me. It was one of those overhead EZ Pass scan plazas - looks like this - http://njmonthly.com/wp-content/uplo...07/ezpass1.jpg. For whatever reason, it did not read my EZ PASS. I kept checking my account. Two weeks later, when they did the plate match, I saw the toll deducted from my account. No letter, no fine. EZ Pass couldn't be easier.

Last edited by takenwakki; 12-30-2015 at 08:52 PM.. Reason: Picture of Toll plaza

Old 01-04-2016, 10:57 AM

I was driving a dealer courtesy car last Fall crossing the BF bridge. I had my EZ pass transponder with me but it did not register correctly. I received a bill with violation in the mail about 2 months later. I went online to pay and there is instruction to enter your EZ pass account number to get the violation fee waived. I am sure they will not allow it if it's a frequent things but in my case, the unpaid toll was paid with my account balance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia