Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 01:04 PM

2 posts, read 8,114 times

Advertisements

We are looking for a first house for my Son and Daughter-in-law. They are currently looking at a house in the Mirror Lake area of Browns Mills. Any information that you might be able to provide will be helpful. Any Major problems, Unknown fees or taxes, Good reports or bad i would like to be aware before they spend money.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2008, 01:37 PM

1,969 posts, read 5,956,390 times
they call Browns Mills "The place where the sun don't shine"

The kids there go to Pemberton Schools - I wouldn't send my kids there.

Old 01-31-2008, 07:41 PM

67 posts, read 231,418 times
I live in Browns Mills, we moved here 2 years ago from north jersey. I have two kids who go to school here as well. I also live in mirror lake section. It depends on which area in mirror lake he is looking at. There are no hidden fees here. cheap taxes. the schools are fine. not the richest but caring teachers who are always willing to work with you. It is a small town fell where in time everyone will know you. Im happy with the decision we made. Our kids play in the street with about 12 other kids who live on the street next to us as well, we live on a quiet street. If you have specific questions please feel free to email me. Let me know which section he is looking at in mirror lake off of w. lakeshore, e. lakeshore, bayberry, hanover, etc. it matters which area you are in. Does he have kids, if so ages and I could tell you more on the schools.

Old 02-01-2008, 12:52 AM

1,369 posts, read 4,637,636 times
You get the "best" out of schools of what you "put" into it. eom

Old 02-12-2008, 04:05 PM

1 posts, read 4,056 times
Smile House for sale

I have a house for sale in Presidential Lakes MLS 5233303 if they are interested. It's not too far from Mirror Lake. The siding is less than 2 years old and it has a 16 by 16 foot deck that was built in May 07.

Old 02-13-2008, 04:44 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
I'm in Country Lakes & love it here. I came from Presidential Lakes (I'm the one that sold the rancher on NY that has the bus parked).. I like CL better.

It was hard making the decision to sell. I'm on Spring Lake, Im sure everyone that's driven down Spring Lake knows my house.. I have almost 200 roses plus thousands of perennials. It's a great house, perfect for someone like me with a bad back as I don't have to do steps like I would have to if we had a bi-level. 4 bedroom 2 bath ranchers are harder to find. We've upgraded a lot of the house mechanics.. central air, new furnace, wiring has been upgraded, water heater, roof & shed. I've put a lot of my heart into this house since moving out of PL.. have a lot of memories here. I have a Redbud tree that was one of the last things my dad helped us with before he died.

As for the schools, they are better then what I grew up with in Union County. Not everyone can afford a town with a top 10 school system. I have a 22 year old son that graduated, currently have a daughter in th high school. A few years ago the schools got grants, have new computers, video cameras, cameras.. all sorts of electronics. They teach the kids at an early age how to use them. One school has / had a garden club that I spent a lot of time at and donated plants.

No, Browns Mills isn't a ritzy neighborhood but you can't go wrong with PL or CL. I've said it before about shopping. I can go any place I want, in any direction. Burlington, Moorestown, Manahawkin even towards Brick. There's a new Stop & Shop not too far away (15 mins) that has great prices.

The base is being built up. If I'm right, BM will get a lot of new people coming in. I wouldn't doubt prices will go up in the next few years. Right now though, it's a decent place to live and if I had to redo my decision to move down here again like I did almost 15 years ago, I wouldn't change a thing. For couples starting out, it's an affordable town. My ex and I couldn't buy a house had we not come down here. At the time we were paying rent which was more then our mortgage / taxes. The funny thing is, people I grew up with moved down here too. Same town but in a cheaper section. I ran into one of them 2 years ago.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:26 AM

71 posts, read 240,200 times
I'm in mortgages. I do a lot of loans there for people stationed at McGuire AFB. It's a cheaper area with cheaper taxes, especially for Burlington County. I'm not sure about schools. Usually though, chepaer taxes mean less funding for schools. It's tough to get the best schools if you also need to keep the taxes/price down. Overall, most NJ schools are respectable. I would advise talking to a real estate agent. I have worked with a few if you need a reference (contact me direct as I don't want post).

Old 02-13-2008, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimNJtoCT View Post
I would advise talking to a real estate agent. I have worked with a few if you need a reference (contact me direct as I don't want post).
I can also recommend a great buyers agent. He worked for the new neighbors next door and has a great personality.

If you go to the Remax in Browns Mills web site, look for the agent named Pepe.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:58 AM

2 posts, read 8,114 times
Thanks for the replys - The kids have made an offer on a house in the Browns Mills area and if all goes well should move in the beginning of April.
We appreciate your input.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:06 AM

Which part of town?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia