Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2008, 05:58 PM

1 posts, read 15,757 times

Advertisements

I have to move from Edison to south Jersey as my wife ha taken up education in UNDNJ stratford. I work in NY downtown and we have a kid too.
We have to relocate near to her collge in and around areas of Cherry Hill, Mt laurel or Vorhees towns.

I am looking for best option whereby I can have a easy commute to NY - Bus/Train.

Option 1.
We stay centrally around Princeton/hamilton township - This does not look feasible as my wife has to be close to college due to college commitments and kid to be baby sitted.

Option 2.
we stay close to her college - Stratford and I commute to NY. I am not sure how feasible is this ? Any comments will be of great help

Can someone please suggest towns around Cherry hill that are easy commute to NY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2008, 07:10 PM

201 posts, read 1,012,600 times
Default Stratford to NY

In Mt Laurel about 20 minutes from Stratford there is a Greyhound bus station that has a daily bus that goes to NY. Right near the school in Stratford there is the start of the Patco High Speedline. I think you can take Patco to Camden, pick up the RiverLine into Trenton and then go onto NY fron there. I can't say how long that would take.

I know there is a train to NY in Hamilton I think it is NJ Transit Train. I would say it is a 35 minute drive on 295 from Hamilton to Stratford.

I think the Bus in Mt Laurel is your best bet. Since you have so far to travel, that is a good place to live.

plus there is a major road in Mt Laurel named Ark road. It might be meant to be.

Old 01-30-2008, 07:27 AM

691 posts, read 3,059,916 times
There is a Greyhound Bus Terminal on Fellowship Rd and Route 73 in Mount Laurel. The bus ride takes 1hr 40min but only goes to the NYC Port Authority. There is no direct service to downtown. You can also drive about 10-15min from Mt Laurel to Exit 5 on the turnpike - and catch an academy bus to downtown. The commute from Mt Laurel to Stratford will be pretty easy - about 20-30min.

Good Luck

Old 03-27-2014, 07:38 PM

1 posts, read 4,020 times
Default commute from cherry hill to nyc

Does anyone know if there is a monthly pass for greyhound bus in Mt laurel to nyc?

Old 03-28-2014, 07:01 AM

4,187 posts, read 11,925,064 times
Use the Bolt Bus in Cherry Hill that will get you to 33rd St & 11-12th Ave by 8AM. You can pre-buy each daily ticket online and get some savings. I believe they are $10-$15 daily.

Old 03-31-2014, 08:12 AM

691 posts, read 3,059,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhch View Post
Does anyone know if there is a monthly pass for greyhound bus in Mt laurel to nyc?
They do have monthly passes. Not sure the price though.

Old 01-28-2018, 01:06 PM

3 posts, read 3,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcbunny View Post
In Mt Laurel about 20 minutes from Stratford there is a Greyhound bus station that has a daily bus that goes to NY. Right near the school in Stratford there is the start of the Patco High Speedline. I think you can take Patco to Camden, pick up the RiverLine into Trenton and then go onto NY fron there. I can't say how long that would take.

I know there is a train to NY in Hamilton I think it is NJ Transit Train. I would say it is a 35 minute drive on 295 from Hamilton to Stratford.

I think the Bus in Mt Laurel is your best bet. Since you have so far to travel, that is a good place to live.

plus there is a major road in Mt Laurel named Ark road. It might be meant to be.

Did this work out? We are thinking of purchasing in mullica hill and are concerned about the commute to NYC.

Old 07-20-2018, 08:50 PM

56 posts, read 91,652 times
I know this thread is from January but does anyone have any feedback on doing the commute from Mullica Hill/Swedesboro to NYC?

Old 07-21-2018, 09:39 AM

32,923 posts, read 36,323,847 times
The thread started in January, 2008, but whatever. If you have to live in Swedesboro and you must work in NYC for a while--to complete a contract or until you find something closer to home--I'd rent a room during during the work week. Commuting from down there isn't sustainable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia