Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2015, 01:24 PM

605 posts, read 1,259,410 times

Advertisements

What would now be considered a good place for a young 23 year old professional to live in South Jersey? My girlfriend's son has a good paying job, his own car, and wishes to be somewhere in South Jersey in a good neighborhood. Some people have suggested apartments in Collingswood or Blackwood. He is originally from upper Bucks County area. He's on the road as field rep., so travel from home to an 'office' is not necessary. Any advice or suggestions??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 02:49 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,753,453 times
Where is most of his work in the field going to be based out of? Is it a particularly tight area, or is it all over the place?

I'm assuming it's around South Jersey for the most part. If not, is there another particular reason why he wants to live there?

Collingswood is a good choice if in the right parts. Don't look at The Heights apartments or the areas closer to Camden. The Lumberyard is a good choice. The Westmont section of Haddon Township would also be a good choice, though there are fewer rental apartments there.

Blackwood doesn't really have anything for young professionals.

Old 11-16-2015, 11:10 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,684,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missynancy View Post
What would now be considered a good place for a young 23 year old professional to live in South Jersey? My girlfriend's son has a good paying job, his own car, and wishes to be somewhere in South Jersey in a good neighborhood. Some people have suggested apartments in Collingswood or Blackwood. He is originally from upper Bucks County area. He's on the road as field rep., so travel from home to an 'office' is not necessary. Any advice or suggestions??
Cherry Hill has a wide variety of rental units.

Old 11-18-2015, 06:58 AM

3,974 posts, read 4,258,156 times
Avoid the Blackwood (and associated nearby towns) complexes on Laurel Road, Little Gloucester Road, etc. I drive by them frequently. Too many fires, and I can't tell you how many times I have seen someone being arrested.

Old 11-20-2015, 01:46 PM

983 posts, read 2,773,888 times
What is his budget? It also helps to know where he travels to most of the time when he is working.

Old 11-23-2015, 01:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,427 times
Hi missynancy,

My name is Joe D'Amico. I am a graduate of the University of Connecticut and recently took a job in the area and moved to Cherry Hill. Unfortunately it has been a few months, and I have realized that the job is not a fit for me, so I have decided to take a different job in Nashville, TN.

Cherry Hill is one of the better areas for young professionals in South Jersey, as it has a bunch of restaurants and sports bars to watch the games. It is also just a quickk drive away from the PATCO line that goes into Philly.

Anyways, I am currently living in a 2 bedroom / 2 bathroom apartment in the Burroughs Mill Apartments Complex, located right across the street from the Cherry Hill Mall. This is an upscale apartment complex that is sort of like a small gated community. My apartment comes with a washer/dryer, dishwasher, fireplace, and balcony. I split rent with a roommate and pay $800/mo.

I am currently stuck in a 12 month lease with 9 months remaining. Burroughs Mill allows me to sublet out the remainder of my lease, but I can't break my lease because I am currently living with a roommate. If your girlfriend's son would like to come take a look at the place and meet my roommate to see if he is a good fit and to see if he likes the place/the area, have him give me a call or text me. My number is 203-216-4066.

Below I am providing you with a link to the apartment complex's website, the floor plan of the unit I am living in, and my facebook information so that you can see that I am not a creep. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Aparment Complex:

Apartments for Rent in Cherry Hill NJ | Burrough's Mill

Floorplan:

Luxury apartments for rent at Burroughs Mill - Cherry Hill, NJ[id]/126292/is_premium_view/1/

Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/joe.damico.142

Old 11-25-2015, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassygirl18 View Post
What is his budget? It also helps to know where he travels to most of the time when he is working.
His area is pretty spread out - anywhere in Sourth Jersey would be fine....

Old 11-25-2015, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmd10010 View Post
Hi missynancy,

My name is Joe D'Amico. I am a graduate of the University of Connecticut and recently took a job in the area and moved to Cherry Hill. Unfortunately it has been a few months, and I have realized that the job is not a fit for me, so I have decided to take a different job in Nashville, TN.

Cherry Hill is one of the better areas for young professionals in South Jersey, as it has a bunch of restaurants and sports bars to watch the games. It is also just a quickk drive away from the PATCO line that goes into Philly.

Anyways, I am currently living in a 2 bedroom / 2 bathroom apartment in the Burroughs Mill Apartments Complex, located right across the street from the Cherry Hill Mall. This is an upscale apartment complex that is sort of like a small gated community. My apartment comes with a washer/dryer, dishwasher, fireplace, and balcony. I split rent with a roommate and pay $800/mo.

I am currently stuck in a 12 month lease with 9 months remaining. Burroughs Mill allows me to sublet out the remainder of my lease, but I can't break my lease because I am currently living with a roommate. If your girlfriend's son would like to come take a look at the place and meet my roommate to see if he is a good fit and to see if he likes the place/the area, have him give me a call or text me. My number is 203-216-4066.

Below I am providing you with a link to the apartment complex's website, the floor plan of the unit I am living in, and my facebook information so that you can see that I am not a creep. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Aparment Complex:

Apartments for Rent in Cherry Hill NJ | Burrough's Mill

Floorplan:

Luxury apartments for rent at Burroughs Mill - Cherry Hill, NJ[id]/126292/is_premium_view/1/

Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/joe.damico.142

I will send the above information to my girlfriend for her son. thanks a bunch!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia