Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 09:28 AM

122 posts, read 202,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I think the down side to Haddonfield is the traffic. It's a lovely town which many like to visit. It's a parking lot during rush and nearly every weekend. It reminds me of New Hope. That said, if you don't live too close to Kings Highway, it won't have as much impact.
I don't agree with this. I drive through Haddonfield (partially on Kings Hwy) daily during both rush hours and often on weekends. If you live in Haddonfield and know the neighborhood streets to use, you can get around with no trouble at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2016, 05:50 AM

17 posts, read 21,056 times
Hello, I am from Berlin and still live in the neighboring town.
With a budget in your range, i would consider Voorhees, Marlton, Haddonfield, Moorestown, Berlin Boro, Hammonton, Cherry Hill.
That said I can also speak highly of the school districts for these areas as I have a 2 year old as well.
Haddonfield, Berlin Boro, Hammonton give you more of the small town feel with great events, and parks locally.
Voorhees, Marlton, Cherry Hill, & Moorestown are quite bigger but also neighbor the other areas I have listed,
Please let me know if you have specific questions about any of these areas, I can point out great routes to Berlin from any of these locations.
Good Luck!!!!

Old 05-21-2016, 11:49 AM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Hammonton? Nice town, but not close. Stop sounding like a real estate agent.

Old 05-21-2016, 05:21 PM

1,624 posts, read 4,054,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Hammonton? Nice town, but not close. Stop sounding like a real estate agent.
Why would you say that? There are many kids who went to Assumption (no closed) and now OLMC that go to High School in Hammonton and live in Berlin. Its only about 25 minutes from Berlin to Hammonton even when you take Rt30 and hit all the stop lights.

Old 05-21-2016, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms_Christina View Post
Why would you say that? There are many kids who went to Assumption (no closed) and now OLMC that go to High School in Hammonton and live in Berlin. Its only about 25 minutes from Berlin to Hammonton even when you take Rt30 and hit all the stop lights.
Voorhees and Evesham are a lot closer.

Old 05-21-2016, 08:34 PM

1,624 posts, read 4,054,579 times
Closer but not as nice. In my opinion anyway.

Old 05-23-2016, 06:01 PM

3,974 posts, read 4,256,469 times
I worked in Hammonton. It does have a nice downtown, but is every insular and people still differentiate between those who were born there and those who weren't. Not to say there weren't some very nice people in Hammonton (and some great Italian food!), but it does have a bit of an us-versus-them feel. To be fair, I have heard similar things about Haddonfield being very clique-y, but can't speak from experience, so I don't know.

One thing I will say about Hammonton is that you will probably get more house and/or land with your budget, as compared to Haddonfield, Voorhees, Marlton or Moorestown.

Old 05-23-2016, 07:29 PM

I certainly agree with the last part. Generally, if you want a larger property, you need to look outside of the more densely populated areas.

Old 05-24-2016, 03:10 PM

1 posts, read 576 times
Long time lurker, finally decided to post .

You can get from Cherry Hill East to Route 73 in 5 minutes, to Berlin in less than 15 minutes, depends on where you're starting from in Cherry Hill. The down side is that if you are trying to get to Philly (westbound) from the East side of Cherry Hill, you might get stuck in traffic for a while. I've had to call into meetings because of traffic accidents.

800K can get you a very nice house in Cherry Hill, just don't forget to budget for our lovely Jersey taxes if you're moving from out of state!

Cherry Hill is text book suburbia, you don't have a town center area to hang out in like Haddonfield or Moorestown, but there are plenty of town sponsored activities in the parks, the library is great, and school activities will soon probably be taking up your time. There are also a ton of ethnic restaurants, if you like to eat out, and a pretty nice mall if anyone is into shopping.

Cherry Hill East high school is huge - they have lots of resources, and lots of different groups for the students to join (or not). East is also probably more ethnically diverse than Haddonfield, Moorestown or Medford, maybe about the same as Voorhees.

We also looked at Medford (really, we looked everywhere), and while some of the houses were beautiful, the grounds always seemed wet. Maybe just a coincidence, or maybe all the woods didn't allow the grounds to dry.

Good luck with your search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia