Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 01:58 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,754,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYtoNJtoPA View Post
When I moved to PA last year, my parents visited me and said the area reminded them of Long Island. Levittown exists in both places, although as whole counties I'd probably equate Montgomery more to Nassau and Bucks to Suffolk, even though the Levittowns are in opposite places.

That is true, I forgot about Pitman. Much nicer than Glassboro, but it is rather small, but I recall many walks there from campus with my then girlfriend who went to school there.

I don't know much about downtown Montclair, and the college is up at the other end of town near Clifton and Little Falls - the campus actually sits on the borders of all three - but it did remind me a bit of downtown Princeton which is also nice if not as vibrant as New Brunswick, more of a place like Metuchen or Highland Park.
Willingboro, NJ was the third Levittown if you didn't know that. They changed their name from Willingboro to Levittown when Levitt built there, but they changed it back a few years later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2016, 06:39 PM

968 posts, read 1,141,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leps12 View Post
Willingboro, NJ was the third Levittown if you didn't know that. They changed their name from Willingboro to Levittown when Levitt built there, but they changed it back a few years later.
That's right. They changed it back after a few years because it was too close to Levittown PA and caused too much confusion because of two Levittowns in the same metro, so then Levitt refused to build them any more schools.

As for Levittown, PA, I would highly recommend it as long as you are not in the areas that feed into the Bristol Twp schools. You want to be in Pennsbury or Neshaminy. And more than likely a better commute to King of Prussia than anything in Jersey.

Last edited by NYtoNJtoPA; 06-01-2016 at 07:09 PM..

Old 06-02-2016, 10:13 AM

127 posts, read 143,586 times
As always, thanks for the great advice everyone! Hopefully this will quiet my wife's itch to move... for now

Old 06-07-2016, 08:40 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,691,956 times
Commute sucks to KOP. Philly, Northern Delaware and pretty much anywhere in South Jersey are easily doable from Logan/Swedesboro area. KOP is bad because of the Blue Route which is a congestion nightmare. Off hours commuting would work (I can drive from Logan to KOP in under 40 minutes without traffic), but that's not an option for everyone.

As for some of the comments...most people would be surprised to know that the 08085 zip code which covers Logan, Swedesboro and Woolwich is one of the top 100 wealthiest zip codes in the Philly metro area. Only areas in South Jersey with more wealth are Moorestown, Haddonfield and Mullica Hill. Yes, the Swedesboro area is wealthier per capita than Marlton, Cherry Hill and Mount Laurel.

I've lived in Logan for over 6 years now. My wife, kids and I absolutely love the community. Yes, you have to drive to go to the mall, movies, etc. but I can be in Deptford in under 25 minutes. I can get to tax free Delaware just as fast. It's all relative. In exchange for a little bit of driving I get good schools, a clean, safe community, reasonable taxes and a lot of bang for my buck on my house. Our move to Logan (from Camden/Burlington county) was the best decision we ever made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia