Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 06:50 AM

1,493 posts, read 1,518,461 times

Advertisements

Years ago I did what you are considering. Not the exact towns but similar. Personally I would not try it again unless I could use reliable public transposition. And from reading above posts that may not be possible.

As for suggested NJ towns. Best to drive different areas and see how you feel. But I don't think you are going to find the eclectic flare of Phiily on this side of the river.

If it were me I would just find a nice little apartment in the Mullica Hill (maybe Sewell, Manuta or Pitman). I would not go south. Then after putting in necessary time at Glassboro jobs look for employment better suited to lifestyle goals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2017, 01:12 PM

17 posts, read 37,009 times
I agree, why pay city wage AND $5/day to cross the bridge. You can visit Philly anytime you want, you don't have to live there. If you are buying you should consider schools because it impacts your resale. Also, if you plan to have kids and move before you do, well that can backfire as you can't predict the real estate market, or your jobs, or life....and you can get stuck sending kids to bad schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia