Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2018, 08:19 AM

1 posts, read 1,852 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

Were planning to relocate to Woolwich township near Swedesboro NJ. Since I am new to the area wanted to know if this is right choice for raising young family and hows the quality of life here.
How are the school districts mainly the Kingsway Middle and Regional High schools? Are they any good?
How about all the schools from k-12 th Grade and what is the diversity? How the area crime wise and also there is the Salem Nuclear Plant?
Do you have flloding in this area given it is near to the water? Any information would be helpful?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2018, 09:46 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,753,453 times
This is a pretty solid middle class area. It has experienced a huge housing and population boom the past couple of decades. Upside is lots of relatively new construction. Downside is Woolwich is very much bland, faceless suburbia. Everything is developments and strip malls, with only a very small downtown in Swedesboro proper. That may or may not matter to you, but it’s a matter of personal taste if one is okay with living in Anytown, USA or not. Just good for you to know. I’m sure you are also aware that property taxes are very high.

Schools are decent to good. Not great, but as long as your kids have their heads on straight and have the proper work ethic, they will be fine. I would say he high school is actually a step up because Kingsway also contains students from nearby towns that are mostly even more well off than Woolwich. Diversity is pretty high. I’d say the elementary schools run about 20% non-white, with a good mix of all races within that 20%, so not just dominated by Black, Hispanic, or Asian, but all are somewhat well represented. High school maybe more like 15%.

Flooding probably isn’t a problem. It generally isn’t in South Jersey at large, but there should be some maps out there for reference. The nuclear plant is pretty far away. I don’t think you have anything to worry about there. The Paulsboro refinery is actually slightly closer, but also pretty far away. Crime is generally low in the area...again, the area is pretty well off with median household incomes in the six figures, so it’s not exactly the kind of impoverished place where you would expect low safety and high crime. You don’t hear much stories coming out of there, unlike, say, Paulsboro or Salem.

I have to ask though...where will you be commuting to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
View detailed profiles of: