U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2018, 02:41 PM

75 posts, read 93,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leps12 View Post
What I heard is the P.J. Whelihan's family company bought them out (they also own the Pour House and Treno, also along that Westmont Haddon Ave. corridor), and they are allegedly going to replace it with a Mexican cantina kind of place. I don't know what the progress is on that though. It's kind of crazy. They would then have four locations in that area.
Sign is up, reads "Central Taco and Tequila". They gutted the place down to the beams and are in the process of rebuilding.

Last edited by Keroberos; 08-28-2018 at 02:45 PM.. Reason: Corrected error in name.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2018, 10:18 PM

28,467 posts, read 27,251,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroberos View Post
Sign is up, reads "Central Taco and Tequila". They gutted the place down to the beams and are in the process of rebuilding.
Ugh. I'm so over Mexican. Fake Mexican that is. A decent Chinese place opened not long ago. Beef tendon is on the menu.

Old 08-29-2018, 08:15 PM

979 posts, read 860,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Ugh. I'm so over Mexican. Fake Mexican that is. A decent Chinese place opened not long ago. Beef tendon is on the menu.
IMO fake Mexican is better than fake Irish. The whole Irish pub gimmick is so overplayed in bars all over the country, and the vast majority is half-assed. You don’t become an Irish pub by saying you are and putting some shamrocks and other kitschy artwork on the wall. Beneath that shallow veneer, it’s just a generic bar. South Jersey has way more than enough of places like that. I welcome this variety. Irish Mile did have an INSANELY large beer list though. That was hard to beat.

Old 08-29-2018, 08:37 PM

Quote:
IMO fake Mexican is better than fake Irish. The whole Irish pub gimmick is so overplayed in bars all over the country, and the vast majority is half-assed. You don’t become an Irish pub by saying you are and putting some shamrocks and other kitschy artwork on the wall. Beneath that shallow veneer, it’s just a generic bar. South Jersey has way more than enough of places like that. I welcome this variety. Irish Mile did have an INSANELY large beer list though. That was hard to beat.
They did have a nice beer selection. I don't think they had any Irish food. At least not that I can remember.

Tir Na Nog in Cherry Hill has a bit of Irish, Brit food.

Old 08-30-2018, 06:48 AM

359 posts, read 359,277 times
Quote:
North Jersey IS much better. Jersey City, Hoboken...places like that don't exist in South Jersey. Morristown also beats anything South Jersey has hands down. Even further down that list, more family-oriented places like Montclair, South Orange, Summit, Cranford, and Westwood still are better than anything South Jersey has to offer.
Add New Brunswick, Red Bank, and Somerville too...even (to a certain extent) Rahway and Princeton. These are all small walkable towns that you don't really see too much of in South Jersey - although Haddonfield and Collingswood came to mind regarding South Jersey.

If you drew a line from Trenton to Toms River, the OP will have a much better shot to find what he's looking for north of that line than south of it.

Old 08-30-2018, 12:21 PM

979 posts, read 860,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kxr203 View Post
Add New Brunswick, Red Bank, and Somerville too...even (to a certain extent) Rahway and Princeton. These are all small walkable towns that you don't really see too much of in South Jersey - although Haddonfield and Collingswood came to mind regarding South Jersey.

If you drew a line from Trenton to Toms River, the OP will have a much better shot to find what he's looking for north of that line than south of it.
Valid point. I’d call those places Central Jersey though, just semantics lol. Except Rahway. Never been there, so I don’t know too much, but I know it has an urban downtown area. How lively it is though? Not sure. You could also lump in Lambertville. There are even more North Jersey towns worth mentioning, but I cut them off because there is no point in listing each one out.

The problem with Haddonfield and Collingswood is that they are dry. Not exactly a big welcome sign for young single adults. It really amounts to wasted potential.

Old 09-02-2018, 09:12 AM

14,107 posts, read 23,465,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
im having problems trying to find single females in wenonah, i mean everywhere i go it's all old people and families, does any know where are the best places to go to find single females? im just so lost right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
around 22 to 25, yeah wenonah is death valley when it comes to finding girls, years ago it wasnt like this.

any places in deptford?
We're down by Turnersville. My son is 33 and single. He's been doing a few apps to meet people, but I'm not sure which ones. He also started going to Pokemon meets that are all over and Philly, has met some people that way. We're not big drinkers. What kind of interests do you have and have you tried any apps or local (town/county) FB groups? I have not checked but there very well may be one for singles in the area; if not maybe start one? There is a need for one. Pretty much everyone is on FB.

Old 09-02-2018, 09:17 AM

14,107 posts, read 23,465,006 times
Quote:
North Jersey IS much better. Jersey City, Hoboken...places like that don't exist in South Jersey. Morristown also beats anything South Jersey has hands down. Even further down that list, more family-oriented places like Montclair, South Orange, Summit, Cranford, and Westwood still are better than anything South Jersey has to offer.
I'm originally from Roselle, worked in Watchung all my life. There was always somewhere to go. Berkley Heights was pretty popular back in the 80's, Plainfield has a few great clubs. Country Western places but Colorado Cafe closed down I believe. I knew the DJ. We also used to run to Staten Island.

Right now with the summer weather he could easily go down to one of the beaches.

Old 09-02-2018, 10:04 AM

Is it that much about the place, town? My son's friend is a mechanic who works second shift in Blackwood. He moved to Deptford from Marlton a couple of years ago. Even he has a girlfriend.

Old 09-03-2018, 09:35 AM

7,329 posts, read 4,942,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Is it that much about the place, town? My son's friend is a mechanic who works second shift in Blackwood. He moved to Deptford from Marlton a couple of years ago. Even he has a girlfriend.

Even I at "my advanced age" (lol) could've had a few girlfriends if I wanted to.

I had a woman recently by her actions wishing that I'd ask her out.
I don't go to clubs, bars or partake in FB, etc.......,

All the OP has to do is create opportunity IMHO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia