Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 12:38 PM

79 posts, read 104,830 times

Advertisements

im having problems trying to find single females in wenonah, i mean everywhere i go it's all old people and families, does any know where are the best places to go to find single females? im just so lost right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2018, 01:23 PM

592 posts, read 1,478,693 times
Glassboro Rowan has a new main street area... there is a Chickie and Pete's, Mexican Grille with Bar, and Barnes and Noble..
and Landmark Americana is a block away. Bookstore and bars in the middle of a university.

Old 08-21-2018, 01:28 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,753,453 times
OP what age are you looking for? Maybe college students are too young. But yeah single in Wenonah doesn’t sound like a good prospect LOL. Go to Philly or Westmont. That’s about it.

Old 08-22-2018, 02:07 PM

79 posts, read 104,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leps12 View Post
OP what age are you looking for? Maybe college students are too young. But yeah single in Wenonah doesn’t sound like a good prospect LOL. Go to Philly or Westmont. That’s about it.

around 22 to 25, yeah wenonah is death valley when it comes to finding girls, years ago it wasnt like this.

any places in deptford?

Last edited by toughfighter83; 08-22-2018 at 02:19 PM..

Old 08-22-2018, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
around 22 to 25, yeah wenonah is death valley when it comes to finding girls, years ago it wasnt like this.

any places in deptford?
Maybe when you were younger and those 22-25 year-old girls were teenagers as well, Wenonah was fine for that. But South Jersey as a whole is just not happening for young single adults. Not now, not in the past, not ever. It’s the boring place you go to raise a family because you want more space and good schools.

At least Deptford isn’t a freaking dry town. You probably have a little more hope there, but still not much. Seriously, you need to be in Philly. Westmont is the only area of South Jersey that could even remotely fit it, but it is a very distant second place.

Old 08-22-2018, 03:39 PM

882 posts, read 1,670,606 times
I can attest that even Westmont doesn't have much of that either. Yes, it's a (semi) walkable commuter town with bars along Haddon Avenue. Most of them seemed to attract more of a moms/dads-night-out type of crowd, or long-time friends that never really left town. Westmont is a fairly small town, so it just doesn't have that big of a crowd. Most of the population is young families. Irish Mile had a decent crowd, but that's closed now. Most of the bars and poor drink specials compared to what you can get in Philly. Coffee shops are pretty much all high schoolers or moms groups. Sure Westmont bars might attract a few folks from Collingswood, which I think might actually have more young singles, but not many.

I think one might actually have more luck in Cherry Hill. Much bigger and more diverse town. Not walkable obviously, but take an uber to some of the restaurants near the mall or the PJs out on Rt. 70 and you might have more luck. Or just head in to Philly.

North Jersey isn't necessarily much better, but the sheer density of population, larger proportion of commuters, and greater diversity means you'd have better luck on average.

Old 08-22-2018, 04:27 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,684,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
im having problems trying to find single females in wenonah, i mean everywhere i go it's all old people and families, does any know where are the best places to go to find single females? im just so lost right now.
Based on your location, if you want to stay in South Jersey, Glassboro, Cherry Hill, Pitman ( they modified the liquor laws, it's now semi dry, not totally dry), Westmont.

Old 08-22-2018, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJhighlands87 View Post
I can attest that even Westmont doesn't have much of that either. Yes, it's a (semi) walkable commuter town with bars along Haddon Avenue. Most of them seemed to attract more of a moms/dads-night-out type of crowd, or long-time friends that never really left town. Westmont is a fairly small town, so it just doesn't have that big of a crowd. Most of the population is young families. Irish Mile had a decent crowd, but that's closed now. Most of the bars and poor drink specials compared to what you can get in Philly. Coffee shops are pretty much all high schoolers or moms groups. Sure Westmont bars might attract a few folks from Collingswood, which I think might actually have more young singles, but not many.

I think one might actually have more luck in Cherry Hill. Much bigger and more diverse town. Not walkable obviously, but take an uber to some of the restaurants near the mall or the PJs out on Rt. 70 and you might have more luck. Or just head in to Philly.

North Jersey isn't necessarily much better, but the sheer density of population, larger proportion of commuters, and greater diversity means you'd have better luck on average.

North Jersey IS much better. Jersey City, Hoboken...places like that don't exist in South Jersey. Morristown also beats anything South Jersey has hands down. Even further down that list, more family-oriented places like Montclair, South Orange, Summit, Cranford, and Westwood still are better than anything South Jersey has to offer.

Old 08-22-2018, 07:20 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJhighlands87 View Post

Irish Mile closed? Damn. I used to like that place.

Old 08-22-2018, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Irish Mile closed? Damn. I used to like that place.

What I heard is the P.J. Whelihan's family company bought them out (they also own the Pour House and Treno, also along that Westmont Haddon Ave. corridor), and they are allegedly going to replace it with a Mexican cantina kind of place. I don't know what the progress is on that though. It's kind of crazy. They would then have four locations in that area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia