Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 06:07 PM

27 posts, read 57,227 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I wanted to know a little more about this area within Camden. Especially from those who are familiar or have lived around the surrounding areas.
My girlfriends grandmother will be needing assistance because of her health condition. We currently reside in Lawrenceville NJ which isnt all that far from Camden but her progress has my girlfriend uneasy and it looks like shes hell-bent on moving down there. The cautious, practical man that I am..although I love her grandmother... I'm skeptical and hesitant to even make such a drastic move which she is looking to do by June (this summer). That said..I want the ugly truth..is it really that bad...after looking at Google maps it appears to be on the outskirts of Camden so maybe crime tends not to spill over as much?!? I'm not sure but after seeing boarded up homes within the area I'm so not looking forward to telling my girlfriend no as this may be a deal breaker between us. She wants to get down there I dont want to. Please help guys. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2019, 09:23 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,751,064 times
What about work and commute for you two? Doesn’t that matter? What about budget?

I don’t know about this specific neighborhood, but if you want to play it safe and be close to Camden, look at Collingswood.

Old 01-06-2019, 06:03 AM

32,921 posts, read 36,316,341 times
I can't imagine why she'd want to move there. I wouldn't. It's not Camden's best neighborhood, and it's still Camden.

Old 01-12-2019, 07:41 AM

592 posts, read 1,477,742 times
Crime is there. Drugs are there. There have been some crazy shootings/murders there.
is it better than the rest of camden? maybe? but that's still not good enough.

That being said I have one friend still living in fairview near the black horse pike. He says he keeps to himself, keeps his property up, helps out neighbors and just minds his own business and has no problems.

Old 01-16-2019, 01:28 PM

122 posts, read 202,713 times
I spoke with a teacher who teaches at the elementary school right in the middle of Fairview. She described them having to pull all the kids inside one day because a body was found behind the school. On another day she couldn't drive down Collings Ave into Fairview because the street was shut down due to an early morning double homicide. Doesn't sound ok to me, but I'm no expert.

Old 01-28-2019, 04:12 AM

27 posts, read 57,227 times
Thanks so much for all of the responses. Safe to say its a.....HELL NO to camden

Old 01-28-2019, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allhappydays View Post
Thanks so much for all of the responses. Safe to say its a.....HELL NO to camden
Good choice!

Old 02-13-2019, 03:07 PM

28 posts, read 53,639 times
This is not where you want to live. Or visit.

Old 02-14-2019, 08:56 AM

2,556 posts, read 2,677,377 times
The only things you visit in Camden is the Aquarium, the Battleship, and the concert stadium. I think that covers it. And it's basically IN and OUT.

Old 02-14-2019, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessimprov View Post
The only things you visit in Camden is the Aquarium, the Battleship, and the concert stadium. I think that covers it. And it's basically IN and OUT.
That's pretty much it. I went to a few Riversharks games and walked around the Rutgers campus once. Johnson Park is worth a visit. https://johnson-park.camden.rutgers.edu/history.htm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia