U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2019, 01:16 PM

3 posts, read 995 times

Advertisements

Hi experts,

My family and I are relocating for probably a year or so to the Philadelphia area for my daughter’s medical treatment. Her treatment team is located in the city of Philadelphia, but we would like to live in the surrounding suburbs...something with good schools. We have to rent a place to live. We have three girls with us, ages 16, 10, and 4. We also have a 20-year-old son will be commuting back-and-forth from college on some weekends.

Can you recommend a safe suburb with great schools and things to do?

Ideally, it would be easy to get in and out of Philly well she is in daily treatment there, and have some kind of walkable downtown area. We are currently living in St. Petersburg Florida, but are originally from the Cleveland area. And say Pete, we live very near downtown, and have gotten used to the bustle and amenities. We would like something that has a little flavor of that, but also has a lot of family friendly things to do.

We have family in Bridgewater, New Jersey, Morristown, New Jersey, and are big fans of spending time in New York City, so we are excited to be close to that. I would also love some thing that is an easy drive to the beach. Can you make recommendations?

Thank you,

Sandy

Read more: Relocation to philly burbs
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2019, 09:26 AM

122 posts, read 146,118 times
South Jersey is a good place to look in general, with several small towns with (1) easy access to Philadelphia, (2) good schools, (3) walkable downtowns, and (4) a short drive to the shore. Your budget and personal preference are key unknowns. I suggest pretty much any of the PATCO towns (Collingswood, Haddon Township, and Haddonfield) as having the shortest commute to Philly (whether by car or PATCO train), walkable downtowns, and good schools. People will have varying opinions about the schools, but I think generally people would say that Haddonfield is the best of the three, then Haddon Township, then Collingswood. Rents would follow in a similar fashion from most expensive to least expensive. If you don't mind a longer commute (and no commuter rail), Moorestown has a nice walkable downtown with good schools as well. Most towns that are close to Philly in South Jersey are approximately 1-2 hours from all the South Jersey shore towns.

Old 07-31-2019, 02:45 PM

1 posts, read 264 times
Default Different Areas

I second Ambler as a viable location. I would also say that Chestnut Hill is an area you should look into, there is a lot going on there as well. If you are okay with a little bit further away from Philadelphia I would say Phoenixville. It is about 45 mins away, but is exploding in terms of growth. I work as a realtor in these areas if you would like some further information. My email is [email]bhadfield@spaceandcompany.com[/email].
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or