Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2019, 09:57 AM

2 posts, read 1,808 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

My wife, 1 year old, and myself are looking to move to Swedesboro. We are from PA, but finding more house for the money in S. NJ. We have found some houses around Lake Narraticon and wondering how that area in Swedesboro is? Are there younger children in the area or is it an older population? Any help on the area/neighborhood would be extremely helpful. Thanks you much and take care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2019, 07:46 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Unfortunately, I don't think that there's anyone here who can help you. I've never lived there and haven't been to the area in years. The only person here who knows about the area, NJGoat, hasn't posted here in years. He lives in Logan Township. He bought a home there because there are enough businesses in the area paying taxes to keep his from skyrocketing. If I remember correctly, he had three children when he moved there. He and his wife were happy with the schools and extracurricular activities.

That's all I've got.

Old 07-12-2019, 08:23 PM

7 posts, read 8,394 times
It is a very up and coming area in south Jersey. There are many young families and the property values will continue to rise as they have been. 20 years ago there was barely anyone there but people in the philly and cherry hill areas are relocating because it so cheap. Lots of good restaurants in the area like bottos and red hen.

Old 08-03-2019, 06:36 AM

35 posts, read 38,397 times
I have family in Logan Twp. which "grew out of" Swedesboro. It is a very up and coming area as was already mentioned. Swedesboro itself is a very small town with a quaint downtown area. It is well-kept. The school system in the area is well regarded and the family I know have two small children that will enter the school system soon. It is a convenient location to get onto 295, so commuting to Pa. or Del. is easy. So many move to Logan Twp. because the taxes are a bit lower than elsewhere. Bear in mind it is a growing community so if you don't like hustle and bustle you might seek a quieter place nearby.

Old 08-08-2019, 09:05 AM

968 posts, read 1,141,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ple1986 View Post
Hi everyone,

My wife, 1 year old, and myself are looking to move to Swedesboro. We are from PA, but finding more house for the money in S. NJ. We have found some houses around Lake Narraticon and wondering how that area in Swedesboro is? Are there younger children in the area or is it an older population? Any help on the area/neighborhood would be extremely helpful. Thanks you much and take care.
I got news for ya, you'll get more house for your money in South Jersey than PA, but the taxes are way higher.

Swedesboro/Woolwich/Logan I think is a pretty decent up and coming area with lots of sprawl, though Swedesboro itself is an old main street town. That NJGoat character I have not seen in years, but his posts would insist that all the newly wealthy people are flocking to that area. It's close to the Commodore Barry Bridge and Pureland Industrial Park, but in terms of overall QOL, I prefer PA. I've lived in both places and have no desire of coming back. Rather get a house to hold its value than be deflated by high property taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia