U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2019, 09:08 PM

28,487 posts, read 27,277,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJcost$$ View Post
If you are willing to take the drive, Christine's House of Kingfish in Shamong is very good. https://www.facebook.com/Christines-...C-61300031171/

There used to be a place in Lawnside, I think it was called Snow Hill, but I believe its been gone for some time now.
See post #2.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2019, 09:24 PM

It's probably Snow Hill that I was thinking of. That's the one that was destroyed by fire.

I mentioned Kingfish in post #2. Chief smoker and probably the owner is a really nice guy, too.

Old 09-13-2019, 01:16 AM

23,520 posts, read 29,388,722 times
Carolina Blue has a Pitman address. Their menu includes bbq. It's not a bbq joint. They have a bar and sometimes they have a band.

Old 09-13-2019, 03:59 AM

7,638 posts, read 3,666,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Carolina Blue has a Pitman address. Their menu includes bbq. It's not a bbq joint. They have a bar and sometimes they have a band.
I'm not sure, but I may have had a drink or two there.

A woman I know who used to be the marketing chief for a couple of hotshot Philly Realtors relocated from South Philly to Pitman three years ago. She was looking for a bigger house with a yard and found one there. I've been out to visit on at least three separate occasions, and on one of them, she took my boyfriend and I to this restaurant on (I think) the west edge of the borough.

Pitman reminds me of any of a number of smallish towns one finds in the Heartland with a freeway running just outside it. (In Pitman's case, NJ 55.) They may not be "exciting," but they are very pleasant places to live.

Both she and I had a good laugh over the borough seal, which we both thought seemed a little too Kinder-Küche-Kirche for our more off-center tastes.

Old 09-13-2019, 01:28 PM

73 posts, read 48,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leps12 View Post
More recently there was an excellent BBQ truck off of the White Horse Pike in Chesilhurst, called Brother Bear BBQ. They closed last year though, so they only ended up being open for maybe 2-3 years. Such a shame because that was serious quality food that was worthy of graduating from food truck to restaurant level.

Their biggest mistake probably was putting it in Chesilhurst though. Talk about a place feeling depressing and in the middle of nowhere.
They closed up because the owner passed away and they just couldn't do it anymore. He was young, too.

Old 09-13-2019, 01:36 PM

[quote=NJcost$$;56163543]If you are willing to take the drive, Christine's House of Kingfish in Shamong is very good. https://www.facebook.com/Christines-...C-61300031171/
/QUOTE]

I second that. She's the daughter of the original Kingfish owner, which was located just east of 54 on 40.
We go down 206 quite a bit, either to eat at Shamong Diner, go to Valenzano, or just to go to the White Horse Pike to get to Atlantic City. She's not always open, but we've eaten there, and while it was a wait, the food was really, really good! It's set up very old-school outside.

Old 09-13-2019, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Carolina Blue (which is on Lambs Road - I love that name - Lambs Road) used to be much more BBQ-oriented. We prefer to sit at the bar and drink and then eat. I do not like the dining room. In the summer the band was terribly loud on Sundays every time the door was opened to that area.

Old 10-30-2019, 05:45 PM

808 posts, read 661,157 times
So how does Uncle Pig's rate among these? Near the Save A Lot in Paulsboro. Ate there once and thought it was delicious. I'm a sucker for BBQ pulled pork.

https://www.unclepigsbbq.com/

Old 10-30-2019, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYtoNJtoPA View Post
So how does Uncle Pig's rate among these? Near the Save A Lot in Paulsboro. Ate there once and thought it was delicious. I'm a sucker for BBQ pulled pork.

https://www.unclepigsbbq.com/
People don't go to Palulsboro unless they have to.

Old 10-31-2019, 11:32 AM

808 posts, read 661,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
People don't go to Palulsboro unless they have to.
The neighborhood is on the dumpy side but it isn’t downtown Camden. I inventory that Save A Lot twice a year. The Uncle Pig’s is really in Gibbstown supposedly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or