U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2019, 06:07 PM

13 posts, read 30,956 times

Advertisements

Hi Foks, about 10 years ago my wife and I moved from Center City to Cherry Hill (Kingston) to raise our family. Now that we are further along and have 3 kids in total we've outgrown our space here in Kingston.

We are looking for 5+ bedrooms; maybe new construction but ideally not a hellish drive into CC each day! Having a hard time finding anything worthwhile. There's some stuff out by the promenade in the pine barrens but that seems too out there in terms of commute to Philly.

Going further south ie Mullica Hill maybe to farmland like and lacks the big box stores that we've grown accustomed being 5-10min away! IE Costco, Wegmans, Target, etc.

I'm open to even looking on the PA side but it seems like we'd need to be out past KOP and the commute from there into PHILLY has got to be horrible.

Thoughts?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2019, 02:57 PM

23,517 posts, read 29,374,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb582 View Post
Hi Foks, about 10 years ago my wife and I moved from Center City to Cherry Hill (Kingston) to raise our family. Now that we are further along and have 3 kids in total we've outgrown our space here in Kingston.

We are looking for 5+ bedrooms; maybe new construction but ideally not a hellish drive into CC each day! Having a hard time finding anything worthwhile. There's some stuff out by the promenade in the pine barrens but that seems too out there in terms of commute to Philly.

Going further south ie Mullica Hill maybe to farmland like and lacks the big box stores that we've grown accustomed being 5-10min away! IE Costco, Wegmans, Target, etc.

I'm open to even looking on the PA side but it seems like we'd need to be out past KOP and the commute from there into PHILLY has got to be horrible.

Thoughts?
Look at building an addition. There are quite a few houses in Barclay where people did that. Your best bet, if you're happy with the schools, is an addition.

Old 11-12-2019, 08:10 PM

28,467 posts, read 27,251,670 times
The Promenade is in Marlton, not the Pine Barrens.

When my husband and I moved to New Jersey in 1996 for his job, we chose Marlton. It was far enough out for him - he'd loved to have lived in the middle of nowhere - yet close enough to schools and shopping for me.

There are plenty of large houses for sale. We don't know what you're looking for.

Old 12-01-2019, 06:32 AM

13 posts, read 30,956 times
I think we possibly found a house in Mantua... course the actual MLS address is Sewell, but I believe that’s Mantua township, Sewell lol ...Only concerns are well water and septic which we’ll need inspected.

What are your thoughts on Mantua? Seems close to CVS, target, Lowe’s etc

Last edited by tb582; 12-01-2019 at 06:36 AM.. Reason: Added town

Old 12-01-2019, 12:59 PM

23,517 posts, read 29,374,677 times
Quote:
I think we possibly found a house in Mantua... course the actual MLS address is Sewell, but I believe that’s Mantua township, Sewell lol ...Only concerns are well water and septic which we’ll need inspected.

My sister and her husband have lived in Pitman for nearly 40 years. My sister goes to Cherry Hill to babysit grandchildren frequently and complains every time about the traffic.

Old 12-02-2019, 09:51 PM

28,467 posts, read 27,251,670 times
Quote:

That's not a good commute to Philly.

Old 12-20-2019, 07:51 PM

14 posts, read 16,964 times
Just had the same experience. Outgrew cherry hill, family needed 5 bedroom. Found new construction in Medford. Loved cherry hill but no way we could find the size we needed there that we could afford. Commute every day to CC via PATCO.

Happy we didn’t do addition. Didn’t get half the equity for even simple Reno work we did in our cherry hill home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or