Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2020, 02:41 PM

319 posts, read 143,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Amazing that the event holds 7,500 people, 40,000 people are expected to show up and there have been over 100k ticket requests.
CNN and their followers will tell you nobody likes him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2020, 06:43 AM

50,139 posts, read 35,802,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
I heard about the contractors in 1989 from a contractor. He used both several and a lot when he described what went down. He spoke of friends of his and said that there were more who he didn't know. I can't give you a number. I didn't ask for a specific number.
253 he didn’t pay just from the Taj. Some he gave a pittance what he promised, the guy who built the onion domes got 30 cents on the dollar. Then declared bankruptcy. Then there are thousands of workers these 253 hired who never got their money either. There are also contractors from Harrahs (Trump Marina) in the links here. Make a deal for one thing then offer much smaller amount after the work is done knowing these small contractors can’t afford five year court fight..,is pretty much his M.O. and business model for every project he’s ever done. He’s not a businessman he’s a grifter. Which is why US banks stopped working with him and he had to sell his soul and now our country to the Saudi’s and Putin.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/ne...ty/4547037002/

https://nj1015.com/trump-stiffed-hun...y-report-says/

https://apnews.com/10bbe40a86774bac9...Taj-bankruptcy

https://973espn.com/trump-stiffed-hu...y-report-says/

I’m sure he’ll still get big crowds, he’s a master snake oil salesman if nothing else and people are easily manipulated/conned and distracted (“hey look at those brown people over there, they are ripping you off!)” . I’m sure it will be mobbed and I mourn for all of us.

I never understood the charm of the rallies anyway. They seem to me to be just a two hour whine-fest about how unfairly he’s treated and what a victim he is.

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 01-26-2020 at 07:00 AM..

Old 01-26-2020, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
253 he didn’t pay just from the Taj. Some he gave a pittance what he promised, the guy who built the onion domes got 30 cents on the dollar. Then declared bankruptcy. Then there are thousands of workers these 253 hired who never got their money either. There are also contractors from Harrahs (Trump Marina) in the links here. Make a deal for one thing then offer much smaller amount after the work is done knowing these small contractors can’t afford five year court fight..,is pretty much his M.O. and business model for every project he’s ever done. He’s not a businessman he’s a grifter. Which is why US banks stopped working with him and he had to sell his soul and now our country to the Saudi’s and Putin.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/ne...ty/4547037002/

https://nj1015.com/trump-stiffed-hun...y-report-says/

https://apnews.com/10bbe40a86774bac9...Taj-bankruptcy

https://973espn.com/trump-stiffed-hu...y-report-says/

I’m sure he’ll still get big crowds, he’s a master snake oil salesman if nothing else and people are easily manipulated/conned and distracted (“hey look at those brown people over there, they are ripping you off!)” . I’m sure it will be mobbed and I mourn for all of us.
LOL!

Quite an imagination you have there, hon.

Old 01-26-2020, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bursitis View Post
LOL!

Quite an imagination you have there, hon.
All you have to do is read the links, and there are many others as well. Havent imagined any of it. I guess it don’t matter though, no one wants to believe Daddy is a liar and a crook. And apparently many don’t care at all that their neighbors were financially ruined by his dishonest business practices.

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 01-26-2020 at 07:51 AM..

Old 01-26-2020, 08:04 AM

1,379 posts, read 1,721,207 times
Quote:
All you have to do is read the links, and there are many others as well. Havent imagined any of it. I guess it don’t matter though, no one wants to believe Daddy is a liar and a crook. And apparently many don’t care at all that their neighbors were financially ruined by his dishonest business practices.
Don’t you know he and his ilk won’t believe any news article not from Fox, Breitbart, InfoWars, or Daily Caller?

Old 01-26-2020, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Like I'm supposed to believe a contractor?

They lie like the Clintons and Obamas and most are junkies and drunks who do shoddy work.

But you keep doing you.

I'll stick with a winner.

Old 01-26-2020, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leps12 View Post
Don’t you know he and his ilk won’t believe any news article not from Fox, Breitbart, InfoWars, or Daily Caller?
I suppose you're unhappy with your 401K and investment these days?

Meanwhile, you and your ilk don't care one iota about violent, inner-city minority neighborhoods.

All you care about is that they keep voting 'D.'

Old 01-26-2020, 08:27 AM

Quote:

Meanwhile, you and your ilk don't care one iota about violent, inner-city minority neighborhoods.

I don’t have a 401k, nor any benefits at all, which is increasingly common for the jobs being created in the 21st century. I am fortunate to have health care assistance via the ACA, although deductibles are high. I’m not really sure what my “ilk” is to you or why you believe I don’t care about violence in poor neighborhoods. Nor what it has to do with Trump’s bad faith business practices. I suppose there’s an unspoken assumption that Trump does care about such neighborhoods, but I can’t say I’ve seen evidence of that. He certainly wasn’t good for the people of Atlantic City.

Old 01-26-2020, 08:45 AM

Quote:
I don’t have a 401k, nor any benefits at all, which is increasingly common for the jobs being created in the 21st century. I am fortunate to have health care assistance via the ACA, although deductibles are high. I’m not really sure what my “ilk” is to you or why you believe I don’t care about violence in poor neighborhoods. Nor what it has to do with Trump’s bad faith business practices. I suppose there’s an unspoken assumption that Trump does care about such neighborhoods, but I can’t say I’ve seen evidence of that. He certainly wasn’t good for the people of Atlantic City.
"Bad faith business practices."

LOL!

You people will believe anything fed to you from CNN.

So gullible.

Old 01-26-2020, 08:52 AM

1,379 posts, read 1,721,207 times
Quote:

I’m way far off from retirement. What I care about now is my primary source of income...my salary, as would everyone else under the age of 55 at this point. I have a good career. I had it before Trump because I’m not a dinosaur unwilling to adapt to a 21st century economy and looking for a “savior.”

Poor people are the least likely to care about their 401k because they are least likely to have them. What’s best for them is higher pay, and nearly all of that higher pay for poor people circulates right back into the economy in the form of spending. Trickle up. You’d rather just seen them rot with obsolete minimum wages that have not kept pace with inflation since the late 60’s.

But considering stock markets tripled in value from 2009 to 2017, yeah...Thanks Obama!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia