Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 12:03 PM

20,222 posts, read 19,780,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Maybe we'll get lucky and that Wildwood auditorium with Trump will mirror Ford's Theatre with Lincoln!
What a hateful, nasty think to say.

You're no better than a klansman.

You're definitely today's typical Stalinist progressive, that's for sure.

Please don't go all yellow and delete your post. Proudly keep it out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2020, 12:06 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,721,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Didn't NJ hike the gas tax almost double in '16?

Even Obama stated that the President doesn't control gas prices. I believed him then just as I believed Bush, in spite of his oil connections, didn't either when conspiracy nuts were blaming him.
My gas price number was the national average, not NJ. And it was in response to another poster blaming Obama for $4 gas.

Like any commodity, it’s supply and demand. Policy can influence it somewhat, such as enforcing high fuel efficiency standards and offering more public transportation options to reduce demand. So do private sector innovations like electric vehicles and even the lithium ion technology that has now made its way to tools like lawn mowers and snow blowers. All contribute to lowering demand and price.

Increased fuel production increases supply, all else equal also lowering price. So policy does matter to an extent on both ends of supply and demand, but it’s not everything either. Just some of many factors.

Old 01-28-2020, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leps12 View Post
My gas price number was the national average, not NJ. And it was in response to another poster blaming Obama for $4 gas.

Like any commodity, it’s supply and demand. Policy can influence it somewhat, such as enforcing high fuel efficiency standards and offering more public transportation options to reduce demand. So do private sector innovations like electric vehicles and even the lithium ion technology that has now made its way to tools like lawn mowers and snow blowers. All contribute to lowering demand and price.

Increased fuel production increases supply, all else equal also lowering price. So policy does matter to an extent on both ends of supply and demand, but it’s not everything either. Just some of many factors.
Got it.

I'm still wrapping my head around someone's gleeful wish for murder. Over politics.

Sick, like the violent, progressive antifa types.

Of course, if a few a them got plugged while assaulting innocent citizens I might .

Old 01-28-2020, 01:16 PM

23,809 posts, read 34,443,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bursitis View Post

You sound a little confused.

Anyway, if you want to stomp your feet like a little girl and believe the lies fed to you by the left, have at it.

Just realize how foolish you look.
I lived in South Jersey for over 40 years and my sister still lives there. How long have you lived there? I made up nothing and said nothing that depends on media.

Old 01-28-2020, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leps12 View Post
Not sure why you would say that. Burlington County consistently votes Democrat in Presidential election since 1992. So have Atlantic and Cumberland. Gloucester voted Democrat in every election from 1992 to 2012 before giving Trump a tiny 0.5% margin of victory in 2016, and then voting for Murphy in 2017.

Even Salem County has been kind of swing in Presidential elections. They voted for Clinton in 1996, Gore in 2000, and twice for Obama. Cape May County is the only one that has consistently voted Republican in election after election in recent history. South Jersey is overall Democrat. Now is it as blue by the same margins as North Jersey? No. Are the Democrats as liberal/progressive as those in North Jersey? No. But to say it is majority Republican is flat out wrong.
Overall South Jersey has traditionally been considered Republican. Van Drew flipped a traditionally Republican district. In a thread on the political board a poster who lives in Cape May County also was explaining this to a know-it-all from another state who had decided that this rally means that NJ will go for Trump in November.

Last edited by southbound_295; 01-28-2020 at 02:19 PM..

Old 01-28-2020, 01:32 PM

50,141 posts, read 35,802,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Didn't NJ hike the gas tax almost double in '16?

Even Obama stated that the President doesn't control gas prices. I believed him then just as I believed Bush, in spite of his oil connections, didn't either when conspiracy nuts were blaming him.
That posters post you quoted was in response to a poster who thanked Trump for lowering gas prices after accusing Obama of hiking them.

Old 01-28-2020, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
That posters post you quoted was in response to a poster who thanked Trump for lowering gas prices after accusing Obama of hiking them.
I understood that, thanks anyway

Old 01-28-2020, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Yes you’re right, I lived in Ocean City for 18 years. All of Cape May County is heavily Republican and has been for many years.
+5

Thanks.

It was pretty public that the Democrats helped Van Drew flip a traditionally Republican district, even though the districts were redraw after the 2010 census.

Old 01-28-2020, 03:03 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,721,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Overall South Jersey has traditionally been considered Republican. Van Drew flipped a traditionally Republican district. In a thread on the political board a poster who lives in Cape May County also was explaining this to a know-it-all from another state who had decided that this rally means that NJ will go for Trump in November.
What does “traditionally” mean? Over the past 30 years it is shown to be more Democratic, Cape May County and to a lesser extent Salem County notwithstanding.

That’s Presidential politics anyway. Congressional can be different, but gerrymandering is also a factor there. Presidential elections get higher turnout though and are more representative of the overall leanings of a place as a result.

Old 01-28-2020, 04:42 PM

50,141 posts, read 35,802,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
+5

Thanks.

It was pretty public that the Democrats helped Van Drew flip a traditionally Republican district, even though the districts were redraw after the 2010 census.
In Ocean City, i belonged to the Ocean City Democrat Club. It was me and half a dozen septuagenarians. I was in my 40’s, and they considered me the representative of the young generation, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia