U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 04:52 PM

23,511 posts, read 29,358,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
In Ocean City, i belonged to the Ocean City Democrat Club. It was me and half a dozen septuagenarians. I was in my 40’s, and they considered me the representative of the young generation, lol.

I believe you. I've heard all kinds of interesting things from my sister about this.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2020, 08:51 PM

709 posts, read 132,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leps12 View Post
What does “traditionally” mean? Over the past 30 years it is shown to be more Democratic, Cape May County and to a lesser extent Salem County notwithstanding.

That’s Presidential politics anyway. Congressional can be different, but gerrymandering is also a factor there. Presidential elections get higher turnout though and are more representative of the overall leanings of a place as a result.
Burlington County is Blue like Camden County, but Camden might be the most solid color of Blue in South Jersey. But, District 3 was won by Andy Kim (D) largely because of Burlington County. A lot of residents in the M towns and 295 towns are Philly, PA suburbs and Mercer County area commuters.

Gloucester and Atlantic appear more like swing (not that their numbers amount to much, nor do counties get to be called swing) but still interesting to look at.

In 2018, Atlantic County supported Hagin over Menendez, but then Menendez was a candidate indicted on corruption (i.e. not a good candidate). in 2016, Atlantic County had higher support for H Clinton over Trump. But I think Jeff Van Drew and Trump will likely still do well this year appealing to voters in the towns from Gloucester to Atlantic along the Black Horse Pike, and western Atlantic to Absecon along the White Horse Pike.

Last edited by g555; 01-28-2020 at 09:06 PM..

Old 01-29-2020, 08:48 AM

319 posts, read 85,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Overall South Jersey has traditionally been considered Republican. Van Drew flipped a traditionally Republican district. In a thread on the political board a poster who lives in Cape May County also was explaining this to a know-it-all from another state who had decided that this rally means that NJ will go for Trump in November.
Just stop.

You're wrong about South Jersey being Republican.

Old 01-29-2020, 08:50 AM

It was a great time down the shore during a great time for the United States!

The crowd was polite, peaceful and they didn't trash Wildwood.

I wish the left could be so civilized.

Old 01-29-2020, 10:47 AM

28,442 posts, read 27,211,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leps12 View Post
I would vote for Warren. If Sanders is the nominee, I will sit out or write in. If I lived in a swing state, I would pull the lever for him. But my top choice is Buttigieg.
Hopefully there will be someone that I can at least consider voting for. There used to at least be the Pat Paulsen option.

Old 01-29-2020, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Hopefully there will be someone that I can at least consider voting for. There used to at least be the Pat Paulsen option.
Why do lefties want to bite off their noses to spite their faces?

Old 01-29-2020, 12:27 PM

23,511 posts, read 29,358,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bursitis View Post
Just stop.

I lived in South Jersey for over 40 years and my sister is still there. Again, how many years have you lived in South Jersey?

Old 01-29-2020, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
I lived in South Jersey for over 40 years and my sister is still there. Again, how many years have you lived in South Jersey?
It doesn't matter.

I have family all over South Jersey and I'm close enough to the situation to know this.

Why don't you?

Old 01-29-2020, 09:46 PM

6,144 posts, read 3,968,158 times
Taylor ham!

Old 01-30-2020, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
Taylor ham!
Pork roll!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia