Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 05:58 PM

37 posts, read 149,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSo View Post
Hey my congrats...mostly to them getting out of south philthy! I ended up stuck here in Philly a few years ago from central NJ and it's like opposites compared to a place like Short Hills!
When I go and visit back in central Jersey now it's like no one even knows where Philadelphia is there! I think that stereotype about south Jersey is to Philly and north Jersey is to NY is right.
Just my .02
Hey, are you a Phillyblogger by chance? It seems like I recognize your cyber-handle.

Yeeeup, Scotch Plains is quite different than South Philly, although there were things I liked about being there that I'll miss alot. I must say that the Shoprite we went to here reminded me an awful lot of the one next to Whole Foods in Center City and the one in South Philly. It's the closest one to the house, but we need to find someplace else. They had most of what we needed, but the lines were long and the store was a little on the funky side (and not in a good way).

So far, we all really like it here. A house burned mostly down across the street the second night we were here, so that was a little nerve wracking.

I'll bet it's really pretty around here in the summertime; I'll be spending most of the summer here and look forward to getting to know the community better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2007, 07:12 PM

468 posts, read 580,173 times
Actually I was to PhillyBlog I think but I use a different handle there(to protect the innocent,lol)
I spent my teenage years in the central Jersey/Scotch Plains area back in the 80s so I'm too familiar with the area I'd say. I knew a person or two from Scotch Plains and didn't hear too many bad things about it,then there's Westfield next door which I've heard mixed things about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia