U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 11:45 AM

47 posts, read 327,756 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any suggestions about safe, affordable towns with good school systems in Gloucester county?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2007, 02:17 PM

30 posts, read 97,425 times
There are several nice places to live. Depends on what type of community you are looking for, how much are you looking to spend on housing, how big of a town, etc.

Give me more info and I will try to help you out. I am a life long resident so I might be able to help.

Old 02-05-2007, 03:44 PM

Well right now I am looking to rent. I am a single Mom so a good school district is very important. I am hoping to not to have to pay more than 1200/mo for rent. And I am only interested in a townhouse, duplex, multiplex or single family home to rent. No apartments!!!! I would love to be as close Philly as I can. Is any of this feasible?

Thx for your help!!!!

Old 02-05-2007, 08:16 PM

37 posts, read 166,396 times
Default The best place to live!!!!! Glouster County!!!!!!

Living up North, and missing Glouster county on a daily basis (for far too many years), I can tell you that Glouster County, NJ is a great place to live! Just tell me what your're looking for - city - country - or a city/country mix (I already know you have children), so if you tell me what you're looking for...........I'm sure I can help! If not, I can definately direct you to good people that can! God Bless and good luck!

Old 02-05-2007, 08:55 PM

thx Mar001! I am a city girl at heart! so if I can have city atmosphere that is safe and affordable then that would be ideal! If not then I can handle a city/country mix. I am planning on visiting Jersey in April to check it out. So I appreciate all your help and input!

Old 02-06-2007, 11:14 AM

30 posts, read 97,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcov2005 View Post
Well right now I am looking to rent. I am a single Mom so a good school district is very important. I am hoping to not to have to pay more than 1200/mo for rent. And I am only interested in a townhouse, duplex, multiplex or single family home to rent. No apartments!!!! I would love to be as close Philly as I can. Is any of this feasible?

Thx for your help!!!!

You might try Washington Twp. its about 25 minutes from the city. IF you are willing to live outside of Gloucester Co. you might want to try West Deptford- they are closer to the city and have good schools. Rent should be in that amount for both of those areas.

Old 02-06-2007, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascaffo View Post
You might try Washington Twp. its about 25 minutes from the city. IF you are willing to live outside of Gloucester Co. you might want to try West Deptford- they are closer to the city and have good schools. Rent should be in that amount for both of those areas.
Thanks so much! I will put that on my list when I go up to visit.

Old 02-09-2007, 09:22 PM

37 posts, read 166,396 times
Default Let's start with the basics!

Where are you planning on working? A city/country mix can take place in a whole lot of Glouster County towns - you've got your Mullica Hill, Woodstown, (both GREAT towns to raise children in), but then there's also Mantua, and a bunch of towns out that way, then again, if your're working more torwards the Glassboro way, you've got Washington Twnshp - a real class town......or if your're more towards Vineland or Bridgetown.......you've got a lot more choices..............just tell me where you're gonna work.........and I'll try to set you up!

Old 09-22-2007, 01:24 PM

6 posts, read 17,066 times
Did you find anything ? I'm looking into woodbury heights? Did you hear or try that town?

All the best,
MK

Old 09-22-2007, 05:30 PM

22,629 posts, read 30,211,564 times
We just bought in Williamstown at Willow Woods by Richmond Homes. We went with the Amherst model.

Hubby & I walked every new home community except Paparones Carriage Glen and found this one to have the nicest house layout that screamed "this is it" to us as well as nice sized properties. They have a few houses ready or semi ready, another Amherst on Ripley that you may be able to get a deal on. Talk to Pat, you can let her know that her most favorite pain in the butt person recommended them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia