Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2008, 02:28 PM

2 posts, read 14,478 times

Advertisements

I left New Jersey when I was 19 years old to join the military, that was seven years ago! Now I'm married with two little children and my husband took a job in Burlington, so we're moving to Jersey! The unfortunate disadvantage I have in this situation is I've never lived on my own while in Jersey, so I'm trying to collect info that may help us. If you can shed some light on any of these questions...please do:

1. What is the average cost of household utilities including water/sewage, electric, gas, etc...?

2. What are the "most for your money" preschools and daycares that you could suggest for a 2 year old and 4 year old?

3. What is the average cable/internet cost per month?

4. What large corporations or companies are located within Burlington County?

5. Anything else anyone can suggest or inform me of that may assist in our relocation and transition!

Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 06:32 PM

1,983 posts, read 7,488,363 times
Burlington County is a very good area to live but it's hard to get more specific unless you get more specific about what you are looking for. The most desirable towns are the four Ms - Moorestown (most expensive), Marlton, Medford, Mount Laurel. Depends on your budget. Lots of military folk live in Lumberton which is also a good town with decent schools. You'll find pre-schools in any of these areas and plenty of access to shopping. Lumberton and neighboring Hainesport are probably the two best bang for your buck towns along the Rt 38/295 corridor which is the best location in the county. Mount Laurel has a ton of condos with better schools and location.

Utilities depend on what you are buying or renting. Can't really say. The internet/cable/phone are probably best purchased together through either Comcast or Verizon, both have bundled packages. I think packages start around $125/month.

Last edited by MoorestownResident; 09-11-2008 at 06:44 PM..

Old 09-12-2008, 05:58 AM

23,766 posts, read 33,163,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrazoux View Post
I left New Jersey when I was 19 years old to join the military, that was seven years ago! Now I'm married with two little children and my husband took a job in Burlington, so we're moving to Jersey! The unfortunate disadvantage I have in this situation is I've never lived on my own while in Jersey, so I'm trying to collect info that may help us. If you can shed some light on any of these questions...please do:

1. What is the average cost of household utilities including water/sewage, electric, gas, etc...?

2. What are the "most for your money" preschools and daycares that you could suggest for a 2 year old and 4 year old?

3. What is the average cable/internet cost per month?

4. What large corporations or companies are located within Burlington County?

5. Anything else anyone can suggest or inform me of that may assist in our relocation and transition!

Thanks so much!
The big question is, is he still enlisted and will he be at McGuire/Ft Dix?
Do you have any idea of what you can afford to spend on a house?

I just moved out of Browns Mills which is right next to the base. There are various sections of the town, Browns Mills which you get base noise (you're probably familiar with the rounds they blow off & planes flying) then you have Country Lakes which is nice and away from Browns Mills, the last being Presidential Lakes & Lebanon Lakes. I've lived in both Presidential Lakes & Country Lakes, like Country Lakes better. You can get houses cheap, I know of a nice 3 bedroom 1 bath house for under $120k.. no clue why it hasn't sold because it should have when it was $150k
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia