U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 11:14 PM

2 posts, read 8,983 times

Advertisements

Any of you familiar with the Camden County college Camden Campus? I will be moving into the university city area in philly and am looking for a community college to attend for about a year or two. I initially chose Montgomery CC in Blue Bell but the Camden CC is much cheaper and closer from the University city area. How are the demographics of the campus, mostly white, black, hispanic or asians? Is the area safe to commute from university city? I notice that the campus is close to the Rutgers U. Camden campus which I've heard that it is a bit safer and that it is in the downtown which is not so much dangerous than it is in the rest of the camden city. Is this true? Please comment anything about the Camden County college CAMDEN CAMPUS... Thank you.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 11:29 PM

6,966 posts, read 19,848,146 times
i x-ferred from uconn to rutgers in 93. it's a relatively safe campus. there's tons of security. you should be fine. the sightlines for the parking lot & subway are great. and a lot of students walk the same direction. is it the safest campus in the world...ummmm no. just be aware of who's around.

and, adopt a stray dog if you can

Old 11-23-2008, 07:00 PM

1,943 posts, read 6,691,148 times
Why don't you go to CCP? It's cheaper, closer and easier to get to than going to one of the suburban schools . . . actually I think DelCo is the cheapest but if you go to Camden County you'll be out of county /out of state.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:26 AM

2 posts, read 6,417 times
Hi, can u help us find the best direction from Bangor Maine to Alantic City,NJ. We plan on going there in May. On 95 to boston and conn, and New York....I know it's a long trip but is there a better way..

Old 04-13-2010, 07:30 AM

12,380 posts, read 25,858,886 times
Is this a weekend thing? If so you can park at Secacus JCT and go to Newark and catch an ACES (Atlantic City) train to Atlantic City. Secacus JCT is located off I-95. Easy access and Newark Penn is the next stop down the line.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:18 AM

14,781 posts, read 41,729,163 times
As for Camden County College in Camden, the campus itself is decently safe and I wouldn't worry taking PATCO or driving and parking. However, as someone else alluded to, why not just attend the Community College of Philadelphia? It's located right on North Broad St. and would be a lot easier to get to (and most likely cheaper) then going to Camden County College.

As for Jenny coming to AC, just head down 95 to the GW bridge, cross into NJ and pick up the Turnpike. Take the NJTP south and cross over to the Garden State Parkway (I believe it's exit 11) and then take the GSP south to the Atlantic City Expressway and there you go. If you want something easier, look into what flights you can get from Boston to Atlantic City. The air fare is generally pretty cheap and then you can take a shuttle or rent a car to get to into Atlatnic City. Depending on when you are going and how flexible you can be, it may actually cost the same to fly as it does to drive.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:39 AM

12,380 posts, read 25,858,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
As for Camden County College in Camden, the campus itself is decently safe and I wouldn't worry taking PATCO or driving and parking. However, as someone else alluded to, why not just attend the Community College of Philadelphia? It's located right on North Broad St. and would be a lot easier to get to (and most likely cheaper) then going to Camden County College.

As for Jenny coming to AC, just head down 95 to the GW bridge, cross into NJ and pick up the Turnpike. Take the NJTP south and cross over to the Garden State Parkway (I believe it's exit 11) and then take the GSP south to the Atlantic City Expressway and there you go. If you want something easier, look into what flights you can get from Boston to Atlantic City. The air fare is generally pretty cheap and then you can take a shuttle or rent a car to get to into Atlantic City. Depending on when you are going and how flexible you can be, it may actually cost the same to fly as it does to drive.
Our take Amtrak Regional to Newark Penn and switch to ACES to Atlantic city. But ACES on runs form Fridays to Sundays, although its different during the summer i believe. Amtrak Regional is now 49$ if you book 14 days in advance. And lower with AAA or other rewards. ACES is also very cheap. Both are less stress then driving. Or you can take Amtrak Regional to Philly and Switch to NJT Atlantic City line, if ACES is too pricey.

Old 04-13-2010, 11:36 AM

2 posts, read 6,417 times
Default Jennyhoward

I just want to say thanks for giving us some great ideas for our trip to alantic city. I like the idea of taking the amtrak to newark Penn and switch to ACES to alantic city...I'll have to talk to the girls and see what they think...if they decide to drive they we will follow your directions...thanks a bunch I copied all the ideas and we will talk them over...will let u know how the trip was, when I get back tks. Jenny

Old 04-13-2010, 03:29 PM

1,605 posts, read 3,742,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennyhoward View Post
I just want to say thanks for giving us some great ideas for our trip to alantic city. I like the idea of taking the amtrak to newark Penn and switch to ACES to alantic city...I'll have to talk to the girls and see what they think...if they decide to drive they we will follow your directions...thanks a bunch I copied all the ideas and we will talk them over...will let u know how the trip was, when I get back tks. Jenny
aces is pretty awesome, I'd probably use it more if I can make a day trip to NYC from A.C.

Old 05-15-2010, 09:50 AM

2 posts, read 3,723 times
MY 18 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER IS PLANNING A TRIP WITH HER COLLEGE TO COME TO CAMDEN FOR A WEEK TO DO COMMUNITY SERVICE. SHE HAS BEEN TOLD ALOT OF BAD THINGS ABOUT CAMDEN SHOULD i LET HER GO AND SHOULD I BE CONCERNED?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia