U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2006, 08:02 PM

232 posts, read 695,988 times

Advertisements

What is it like, the schools seem decent, how about being so close to Camden?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2006, 01:34 AM

2,249 posts, read 7,240,397 times
Settled by Europeans more than 300 years ago, Haddonfield, New Jersey, is one of North America's oldest towns. Located a short distance east across the Delaware River from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, it is also one of the metropolitan area's most affluent communities. Various regional publications have long rated Haddonfield as one of the most desirable places to live in the Delaware Valley.

Old 06-18-2006, 10:34 AM

32 posts, read 122,427 times
bostongirl- I live just a few minutes from Hadonfield in Stratford, which is a small, low crime, family oriented town which I grew up in and now have brought my family back too. Just to give you a comparison, a house here that may be 45 yrs. old and up graded, would be on the market for $295K, in Haddonfield, your talking double to 3 X as much depending on your lot size. Taxes, OH MY! Do you really want to know? Ours are about $6K, Haddonfield, 2-3X as much. Most homes in Haddonfiels are very old, over a 100, BUT beautifully restored. My quess is that they are close to or over a million $$$. Gorgeous big old oak tress throughout the town. The town has a terrific shopping district with lots of shops and cafe's. People from all over come just to check it out and walk up and down the street. The schools are some of the best in NJ, very preppy as they would say back in the 80's, but has't changed. The town has money, and if you have that address, it is assumed you do too. I would love to live there, but of course you'd have to be a doctor or lawyer to be able to afford it. I would say there is probably very little crime there, if I'm wrong, you don't hear about it. Even though Camden is so close, the bad crime doesn't run over much outside of Camden. They usually stick to their own drug infested neighborhoods within. Hope this helps!

Old 06-27-2006, 07:12 PM

232 posts, read 695,988 times
thanks so much. we visited there this weekend, and I am in total sticker shock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia